Screen Worn Cylon

sleepless

Sr Member
Here are the first pics of my Cylon Armour in the process of being stripped.

armour1.jpg

armour2.jpg

armour3.jpg

armour4.jpg

armour5.jpg

Wow, lucky you.

Is that some sort of tape on a few of the bits? and I assume the yellowy-orange colour is a primer of some sort under the plating?

Please give us regular updates... :D :D

Jeremy

There is some chrome tape on some of the pieces as well as the Vacum Metallizing. The yellow color is some sort of undercoat to the chroming process I imagine. The sword is broken in two and I am repairing that at the moment. I will post pics of the sword, undersuit and metal half skirt tonite.

This is really cool. I have always been a fan of the Cylon since I was a kid. But.... I'm almost afraid to ask what the reflection is in the third picture. :lol

Here are some pics of the undersuit and skirt . Damm , thanks Darth Detroit for pointing that out have to watch those crafty cylon reflectioms.

P101001.jpg

P101002.jpg

P101003.jpg

P101004.jpg

Some more pics.

P101005.jpg

P101006.jpg

P101007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Here are some of my Warrior pieces.

The Tunic and trousers laying flat are from Galactica 80 and are Kent McCords. The Jacket , tunic and trousers on the mannequin are from Battlestar Galactica. The boots and gloves are original as well.

P1010012.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010019.jpg

awesome pictures, thanks for sharing them with us...

if i wasn´t that star wars enthusiastic it would definatly be the original battlestar series...

:rolleyes

Cool. thanks for showing those, I've never seen a Cylon undersuit in such detail before. :)

Looking forward to seeing the completely refurbished suit.

Jeremy

I think that belt might be a found item, pretty much unmodified. Looks like a rechargeable battery belt used back in the day (before batteries got small and more powerful enough to be connected directly to the equipment) by TV news photojournalists to power film or video cameras and sound gear. The juice was delivered via XLR cables, the connectors for which can be seen in the pic.

A belt very similar to that was gathering dust in the corner of the photog gear room at the TV station I worked at in the 90s.

In answer to General Mayhems question I am using a domestic aerosol oven cleaner available here in Australia to strip the chrome plating off.

Definitely a worthy restoration. Keep up the great work.

If the chest and collar are any indication of your success with this
stripping method, you will be in great shape for re metallising.

Great acquisition there, and can't wait to see it finished and together.

Wow awesome ...
And just the info I needm
For when I start mine....

Did the Helmet come with any electronics????

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back