Screen used stormtrooper suits/ helmets: how many are out there?

Prop Store

oota goota

Hi all been lurking here for a wee bit, reading the amazingly long and detailed threads about all things stormtrooper :)

I'm amazed at the depth of knowledge on this board about stormtroopers but I wondered if anyone has had a go and trying to estimate how many screen used suits and helmets exist? Either at LF or in private collections, the OT plus the special eds.

Anyone care to take a guess?

I'm amazed at the depth of knowledge on this board about stormtroopers but I wondered if anyone has had a go and trying to estimate how many screen used suits and helmets exist? Either at LF or in private collections, the OT plus the special eds.
Anyone care to take a guess?
There is definitely a thread about the ANH / ESB trooper helmets armour in existence if you search the prop forum.

There are quite a few ROTJ suits but not my thing.

ANH -

Hero helmets -

2 still exist one in the archives and one in private hands (the one eFX used).

ANH / ESB Background -

Set for Stun helmet.

Move Along helmet.

Stop that Ship helmet.

Brian R helmet.

Jason Joiner helmet and armour.

LFL archives have 4 background helmets (including the Look Sir Droids helmet) and 7 sets of armour.

RS Prop Masters helmet and armour.

5 more helmets and armour in private collectors hands.

The Prop Store of London helmet.

1 helmet and two sets of armour (mixed pieces of armour) seen in Christies auctions pictures.

A full set of ESB armour and helmet sold at Christies in the 1990s.

Mark Hammil and Harrison Ford are meant to have helmet each given to them after filming.

2 ESB helmets have sold at Christies one being John Mollo's and the other with the black patch on the back.

I am sure I have forgotten some but other trooper guys I am sure will chime in.

Cheers Chris

You can see pics of most of them either here on The RPF if your search or check out starwarshelmets.com

Sorry I don't have much info on ROTJ troopers but there are a pile of them floating about.

Cheers Chris

Prop Store