Prop Store

Screen used stormtrooper suits/ helmets: how many are out there?

Discussion in 'Production Made Costumes and Props' started by oota goota, Nov 9, 2011.

1. oota goota

oota goota Well-Known Member

Hi all been lurking here for a wee bit, reading the amazingly long and detailed threads about all things stormtrooper :)

I'm amazed at the depth of knowledge on this board about stormtroopers but I wondered if anyone has had a go and trying to estimate how many screen used suits and helmets exist? Either at LF or in private collections, the OT plus the special eds.

Anyone care to take a guess?

2. voice in the crowd

voice in the crowd Sr Member

There is definitely a thread about the ANH / ESB trooper helmets armour in existence if you search the prop forum.

There are quite a few ROTJ suits but not my thing.

ANH -

Hero helmets -

2 still exist one in the archives and one in private hands (the one eFX used).

ANH / ESB Background -

Set for Stun helmet.

Move Along helmet.

Stop that Ship helmet.

Brian R helmet.

Jason Joiner helmet and armour.

LFL archives have 4 background helmets (including the Look Sir Droids helmet) and 7 sets of armour.

RS Prop Masters helmet and armour.

5 more helmets and armour in private collectors hands.

The Prop Store of London helmet.

1 helmet and two sets of armour (mixed pieces of armour) seen in Christies auctions pictures.

A full set of ESB armour and helmet sold at Christies in the 1990s.

Mark Hammil and Harrison Ford are meant to have helmet each given to them after filming.

2 ESB helmets have sold at Christies one being John Mollo's and the other with the black patch on the back.

I am sure I have forgotten some but other trooper guys I am sure will chime in.

Cheers Chris

3. oota goota

oota goota Well-Known Member

wow chris! That's more than I thought there would be thanks very much for that info

4. voice in the crowd

voice in the crowd Sr Member

You can see pics of most of them either here on The RPF if your search or check out starwarshelmets.com

Sorry I don't have much info on ROTJ troopers but there are a pile of them floating about.

Cheers Chris