Screen used Kylo Ren saber images

BTTUK

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone have any good images of the actual Kylo Ren lightsaber props from
any of the films on display please?

Have you seen the sequel pages of the Lightsaber Bible? Not familiar with the sequel sabers myself, they all look so perfect I can't tell stunts from heros

Have you seen the sequel pages of the Lightsaber Bible? Not familiar with the sequel sabers myself, they all look so perfect I can't tell stunts from heros
The stunts were supposedly just Electro Luminescent versions of the hero hilts but I'm not 100% sure if they differed in design or not from the heros.

I've managed to find a good album of the TLJ hero Kylo on display. Can't find many of the TFA, as the displays for TFA all seem to show the stunts

I put good ones in the bible.

Basically, the saber is a 3D printed original design. The same parts are used for both the hero and the stunts. Not sure what the printed materials are. The only differences between the various heroes between 3 films, and the stunts, are the paint jobs vary here and there, with TLJ being the most different. There's a greeblie little box in the pommel that changes orientation between builds, and the red wire varies in gauge between the films.

TFA:

38497337ze.jpg

38497338if.jpg

38497339fc.jpg

I put good ones in the bible.

Basically, the saber is a 3D printed original design. The same parts are used for both the hero and the stunts. Not sure what the printed materials are. The only differences between the various heroes between 3 films, and the stunts, are the paint jobs vary here and there, with TLJ being the most different. There's a greeblie little box in the pommel that changes orientation between builds, and the red wire varies in gauge between the films.

I referenced the book and saw some great pictures. I was trying to see if anyone had up close shots from displays as I couldn't decide what paintjob style I wanted to go for :)

I've seen that Khal from KR knows the bloke who designed the Kylo, and he says the TLJ hero prop was metal and anodised black, whilst TFA was 3d printed. Which makes me lean towards TLJ style for my replica.

I'm not sure on the differences with the stunts, but I know that one uses staples for the red "wire", instead of the clips.

Edit to add:
Apparently the first TFA prop was actually built incorrectly and didn't match the design as it was supposed to look. With many of the further differences between props, being due to them being put together differently every time.

Could you link this?

Sure. These are of the TLJ Not my pictures, but belong
to Henry on the Crossguard addicts page.

Last edited:
I like to tell myself that it was damaged at the end of TFA and replacing of parts/repair led to the less-worn TLJ version.

Regarding TROS:

I've seen many say the hero had a paint job similar to TFA, yet in the Han reunion scene the hilt looks very clean. So I assume that is a stunt? I've yet to see clear photos of the screen-used TROS Kylo. The image in Seth's bible seems to actually be the TFA prop image already posted above.

Last edited:
Regarding TROS:

I've seen many say the hero had a paint job similar to TFA, yet in the Han reunion scene the hilt looks very clean. So I assume that is a stunt? I've yet to see clear photos of the screen-used TROS Kylo. The image in Seth's bible seems to actually be the TFA prop image already posted above.

From everything of it I've seen. The TROS hero prop is the exact same TLJ prop. It's been bashed around a bit so has that weathering but not in the same purpose paintjob of TFA.

Han scene was a stunt, with the red wire glued to the wrong part of the upper engine part in the gash.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back