Screen Used Knight Holy Grail Sword

TheDisturbance

grailknight.jpg

Hi,

I found the original screen used sword used by the Holy Grail Knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I was wondering how much is this worth? The seller was asking for I think $19,000 for it. Is it really worth this much to somebody? I was shocked it was worth that much. It was framed with COA and everything. The sword looked really nice and pristine.

Mark

If it's got airtight provenance, sure, somebody would likely pay that much. Key Indy props are highly desirable but proving authenticity and that it actually was in fact screen-used is another matter entirely. Without more info as to it's provenance, it's tough to say more.

<div class='quotetop'>(TheDisturbance @ Jun 20 2006, 03:07 AM) [snapback]1264389[/snapback]</div>
I was wondering how much is this worth?
[/b]

The answer is the same as for anything: Exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. If someone is willing to pay $19K for it, then that's what it's worth. If nobody bites and the guy has to drop his price to say $10K before finding a buyer, then that's what it's worth.

Plus, it's all subjective anyway. The guy that drops $19K for this may feel that he's gotten a bargain, while you or I may think he's gotten taken.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back