Screen used hippie up for auction

You are right, Tuath. He's supposed to have a P1 left shoulder bell sitting on the top of his P2 left shoulder bell.

It has what appears to be a Jeff Wehenkel P2 mask with it (though who knows....the owner was supposed to have an unpainted studio head and could have had someone paint up that one... but the auction lists it as a replica head)....

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=21106

.....so if it is not in fact an original raw mask newly painted to look like Hippie, than the Wehenkel mask is the closest fan made one to the one pictured in the auction. Here's one of those masks Larry painted. Look at the lines sculpted in the eyebrows, the pointy crown sections, the horizontal lines across the forehead (not present on the original P2 heads) and shape of the teeth in the lower jaw and compare them to the auction pics: http://larrysgaragekitasylum.com/wenkelpred.html

Also note the hands and feet are more reddish, so probably came off one of the "red guys" in the group (but still screen used)...... though by looking at the feet sculpts, it looks like the right shoe is a hero foot and left shoe is a stunt foot.

Only the body itself appears to be Hippie. I really wish there was a picture of the backside of the suit !!!

auction_43_catalog_web_Page_218.jpg

StanWinstonConcept_2.jpg

StanWinstonConcept.jpg

StanWinstonArt.jpg

Wish the pictures were better looking. Paint work from the pictures look like its been well taking care of. I do wish their was more pictures...

2 things...

1st that IS a jeff wenkel headpiece...they should have just put a bio on it...

2nd not sure if anyone recalls where the hippie name came from...... but it if i recall it was our very own robillicus who came up with it a lifetime ago.

the gun and art are very cool pieces...

AM

Well, like you've said, the names created here have gotten around. The Hot Toys figures called "Lost Hunter" and such.

Those JW masks are $135 raw. Not enough to jack the price of the screen-used parts up a whole lot.

The more I look at it, the more those feet are bugging me. I really think it's a larger hero foot and a smaller stunt foot. Different sculpts with each kind, as we've seen before. Also the left stunt foot has a deeper red coloration and the hero one has the color washed out a bit more. They are cool pieces, just wished this statue had a matching pair of one or the other.

Thatnks for the heads up on these, I tend to be a day behind with these. Nice to see the gatling gun finally and I think the Hippie suit is a pretty decent effort, will be nice to see more views when they get the auction pages listed.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back