Screen used hero Terminator 2 Chip oversized? Paging all Terminator experts

YenChih Lin

Master Member
I found a size discrepancy between the screen used hero Terminator T-800 chip and the chips of TSCC, which are more closer to the real size. Or do I have to need my eyes checked?

We know, the chip port as well as the shock damper for the deleted scene in T2 is oversized and different compared to the endoskull original designed port. Since the chip isn't that big, I could conclude from the screencaps of TSCC "Vick's Chip", that the shock damper of the T-888 diameter would be 1" by 1" length.

SCC_105_t888_chip.jpg

T-888CPU.jpg

SCC_106_cameron_keeps_the_chip.jpg

SCC_107_vicks_chip.jpg

SCC_107_vicks_chip_plugged_in.jpg

Link to the BR caps of the chip and port:
T 800 - CPU

Terminator Movie Prop Collection

http://www.therpf.com/f45/my-latest-purchase-t2-cpu-housing-113696/

So is the T2 hero one larger, way larger than the original size we get from Russrep?

Last edited:
The SCCC is just way different and does not count! :) T-888 vs T-850 right? Also I think Russ reps chips are fairly close if not spot on. In fact they may be too perfect as I don't think the original chips were precision milled. But one thing I may add is that Russ Reps CPU flasks are a bit off.

More T-800 vs T-888, but AFAI can see, the triple eight damper is much close to the size of Russ' version. But what about the inner chip port? Is yours the same size (HxW) like Russ or larger?

4.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Looks much larger than Russ…

Last edited:
For the close up shot there was a pair of oversized pliers and a CPU port.

With some clean up I do believe Russ's chip would fit in the port, I'll double check when I get home.

What is at the very bottom of that CPU port, looks like milk?

Anyhow the TSCC chip is not in the mix. Can't compare apples and oranges.

Do we know for certain who's hands are holding those pliers?

But I do agree with you, there is some size discrepency. It could be again precision milled with a super flat surface vs the textured surface we see above.

And who bought that insert Arnold head. I've been meaning to find them!

So is the T2 hero one larger, way larger than the original size we get from Russrep?
Yes, the original chip design is bigger than the Russrep chip. Not by much but it is noticeably bigger.

Edit: let me add further that the Russrep chip is about 4-5mm smaller (lengthwise) than the original design. That's actually quite a bit in terms of a small piece.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back