Screen used ANH Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet

I really do hope that this guy has a 100,000$ dollar helmet and didn't even know it. That would be so cool. I love stories like that.

Finding some treasure you had no idea was insanely valuable. If it's real, I'll have a great story to tell my coworkers.

I wish MY Dad worked for Lucasfilm back in the day!

they never get around to showing it to me, or it's a Don Post mask or other type merchandise. The last one was a few months ago, they still had it in the the original Don Post carboard box !

I agree most people don't know what they have. Paul Daniels (a famous UK television magician) was given a Don Post trooper helmet by a 20th Century Fox exec back in the 70s and tried to sell it and no matter what he was told he would not believe it was not screen used.

One little pointer though that it isn't Don Post or an old mask / toy is the owner said the rubber trim is missing. I don't think that any of the licenced items have separate trim they are painted or moulded.

I would think the owner is currently dealing with a pile of PMs from people who want to see it / buy it / restore it etc etc

I am staying optimistic hopefully pics will come.

Chris

This is a familier story -

I get this about once every couple of years, someone hears that I worked for Lucasfilm, then tells me a story about thier Dad/Mom/borther/Sister/wife/husband/etc. that used to work for LFL's Accountant/gardner/hairstylist/whatever, and they obtained some mask (usually) or other prop they claim was in the movie, and either they never get around to showing it to me, or it's a Don Post mask or other type merchandise. The last one was a few months ago, they still had it in the the original Don Post carboard box ! .

:thumbsup Thought the same thing.

There are exceptions however, my favorite story (from memory, so don't crucify me if I get some details wrong !)
is when Brandon (Alinger) was poking around up in Oregon, and contacted one of the local construction guys that worked on ROTJ, and it turned out he was using the fiberglass wall panels (that were used to make the shield generator bunker) to fix a hole in his fence !

There are exceptions however, my favorite story (from memory, so don't crucify me if I get some details wrong !)
is when Brandon (Alinger) was poking around up in Oregon, and contacted one of the local construction guys that worked on ROTJ, and it turned out he was using the fiberglass wall panels (that were used to make the shield generator bunker) to fix a hole in his fence !
Well, if it works... better to use it then to just have it sitting around doing nothing but collect dust and take up space. + it probably made a killer fence filler.

Still no pictures. Beginning to sound like the guy who's father had an original RotJ Vader helmet cast sitting in his garage that we also never heard from again.

I'm sorry, if OP really has what he says... cool... seems more likely not.

I think everyone scared him away...If I owned such a item I would be posting pics all over! and bragging about it but..................sounds more to me like vapor-ware.

you have to figure the vultures where hitting his in-box pretty hard trying to get information, images and to buy it. It would scare anyone.

-James

I thought the same but it was pointed out to me that the owner hasn't been on the forum since his last post.

Nobody else think that possibly he may have been enjoying the time runnng up to Christmas with family and friends and not that bothered about some Sci-Fi forum :)

If he returns and pics appear then bonus.

Hey I thought he was trying to get some quick X-Mas money! ;)

I thought the same but it was pointed out to me that the owner hasn't been on the forum since his last post.

Nobody else think that possibly he may have been enjoying the time runnng up to Christmas with family and friends and not that bothered about some Sci-Fi forum :)

If he returns and pics appear then bonus.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back