Screen Used and Original Movie Props

Gotta love them stencil spots on top. :rolleyes:

Funny story there. I’m talking to the “lead “”painter”” and I brought it up.. I asked, “Did you use a stencil for the spots?”

He says to me “you know, I tried a bunch of stuff. Stencils, hand painting it, airbrushing it, but I found it was easiest to draw them on with a marker!” Working on one of the greatest creature designs in history and you can’t even do the spots right..

That’s right.. that Predator had its signature spotting done with SHARPIE. Ridiculous.

Funny story there. I’m talking to the “lead “”painter”” and I brought it up.. I asked, “Did you use a stencil for the spots?”

He says to me “you know, I tried a bunch of stuff. Stencils, hand painting it, airbrushing it, but I found it was easiest to draw them on with a marker!” Working on one of the greatest creature designs in history and you can’t even do the spots right..

That’s right.. that Predator had its signature spotting done with SHARPIE. Ridiculous.
I can't believe what i just read! Shocking.. :oops:

I just saw this tread, and the images from 2010.
I'm amazed that the original Lasers surfaced. I made these for Stan's shop, as they needed small lasers that could fit in the gun. This was long before laser diodes of any power were commercially available, so I needed to use HeNe tube lasers. The only way they would fit in the gun prop, was to remove them from their case and bundle them together, and then I only had room for heat shrink tube to hold them together. Same with the power supply, no room for a case. If you flexed the laser tube bundle at all, the mirrors misaligned and the laser cut out.
1639349994412.jpeg

1639350011359.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back