Screen printing help!

Frogfreak

Sr Member
So right now I need some help trying to find some fine round hole mesh to screen print a Spider-Man mask with puff paint. Also I need some advice on how I could screen print the webbing in puff paint.

For the dot pattern you could try and use the same stuff people use for lenses, maybe a computer fan filter replacement would work for what your trying to do. I don't think you want to screen print the webbing in puff paint the best thing to do would be hand draw the lines using a pen on the unsewn pattern and then puff paint over them. Its a lot cheaper this way then screen printing.

I'm not sure what size you are looking for, but for bigger=holed fabric try checking out mesh found in laundry bags or sport equipment bags, similar to this stuff

If you are looking for tighter-sized holes check out different types of window screen mesh. This one has square holes but you could probably find some circular ones with a bit of searching.

Perhaps your best bet would be to cut up a popup laundry hamper. They tend to have fairly tight-woven holes and are very flexible.

This is just an idea, but my experience with puff paint has never been fun. It isn't self-leveling and it's hard to control. Perhaps you could try using a stream of hot-glue in place of the puff paint and paint over it to get the color you want. Hot glue is fairly self-leveling, though if you are looking for a thin line I would suggest using a low-temp, mini hot glue gun. The low temp will dry much quicker, which will still self-level but not flatten and a mini glue gun will give you a thinner line. This might require some testing to get a feel for the consistency and motion to get the desired product. Just an idea :)

i have a question for someone who has done this, how do you go about it after getting a stencil? How do you apply the paint and how do you make sure it stays inside the web lines when doing the dots?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back