1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Deprecated Screen Accurate Supernatural Journal

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by projectthx138, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. projectthx138

projectthx138 Well-Known Member

This post is to see who would be interested SCREEN ACCURATE Supernatural Journal that Dean & Sam use.

As many of you know I have a couple friends that work for Supernatural and my friends have given me photos of THE JOURNAL so I could make my own since I am so * on my Supernatural Props......:$

With this being said I have almost everything to make around 10 Journals. The Journals will be done as close as humanily possible to the original journal. Jornals will come with all the correct military ribbons and medals/pins, clips, and paperwork. Please note that not all the paperwork will be the same as I don't have every piece as some of the sheets are just the boy's lines......:eek with that being said the pages will be VERY CLOSE with some stuff that I just added plus blank pages for you to add your owen stuff......:cool

Price is going to be around the $250 mark (plus shipping) as these are being made by a pro and not by me.....:$ This will be a first come first serve and when they are gone they are gone forever.....:cry

If you have questions or any conserns please ask away. OH, Just so you know we are looking around July for the first 6 journals being complete as the my "PRO JOURNAL MAKER" is breaking them up into two runs as this fits better into is schedule.

Look forward to hearing from all of you!!!

2. VaultUK

VaultUK Well-Known Member

They did a book based on the journal and all the pages that where seen on screen are in the book. I mite be interested in just the cover

3. Rusty85

Rusty85 Sr Member

I'd probably be interested in one if it was a little later in the year, still have a few things I need to get out of the way first.

4. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Definitely interested.

5. projectthx138

If someone is wanting JUST the Journal and nothing else this can be arranged of course for lesser price.....:$ I am guessing at this point you would save around $25 but I will have to check on that to be 100% certain. I have never seen this book which was talked about in this post which shows the journal pages as my journal pages are based upon screen caps and photos my buddies sent to me.

Sorry I can not hold a journal back for a sale at a later date however with that being said if one is available at a later date then it goes to whomever wants it but I don't think this are going to last that long.

6. KnightAsylum

KnightAsylum Sr Member

I would be interested in one. :thumbsup

For the price I would need to see pics of the final product before final money commitment, but if it is screen accurate then I want one, :cool

7. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

me 2:) Mark me down for 1 please:) You need a deposit?

Best
    Taz

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  8. Mad Andy

Mad Andy Member

Same here!

9. projectthx138

Just to let everyone know, there will be NO prototype or journals made so no one can see this journal until it is actually bought and paid for.....:eek Well, of course I am going to post pictures of the journal after their made but there just won't be any left for sale.

I know this is huge step in trust on your part but hear me out on this. First off if you go over to my post on "Supernatural items, what do you got" (or something like that.....:$) you will see ALL my items/props are 100% to the shows PLUS I even have a few screen used items from the show. With all of that being said I am not going to have some half * item/prop made as I am just WAY TOO *.......:$. Here's a fact for all of you to let you know how serious I am about this journal. Today I spent 3 hours with the guy that is going to build these journals (he is a leather expert) and we went over all my photos of the journal that my buddies from Supernatural sent me going over every small detail about the journal. So when I say there will be nothing more like it ever made I truly mean it. I would go far as to say that if you walked on set with this journal the props crew would think you were trying to still the original or if you were to take this journal to a CON to have the cast (Jensen & Jarred) sign this you would be asked how you got your hands on their journal......:love Yes! It's going to be that * close!!!!!:cool

Plus, talk to anyone on here that knows me and everyone will tell you that I am a straight shooter and I don't mislead or con anyone. Sorry, that's just not my style. For those of you willing to take a risk you will be SO GLAD you did, this I promise! So all I can say is get on board and get on board quick as there is ONLY going to be 10 made and once they are gone they are gone FOREVER! I WILL NOT BE DOING THESE AGAIN EVER!!!! THIS IS A ONE RUN ONLY!!!!! THIS MEANS YOU WILL NOT BE SEEING THESE ON EBAY (unless the buyer wants to make some big money because you know they can and probably will......:$). I am doing this ONLY for my collection and when I bought my 3 ring binders I had to get them in a set of 13 so I figured I would just make 13 if I was going to make one. The reason 10 are for sell and not 12 is that two of the journals have already been spoken for from two of my VERY GOOD Supernatural buddies......:)

If you have ANY concerns or questions please feel free to ask away as now is the time to do so before this train leaves the station.

10. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

Make that Two journals for me thanks mate. Do I get a bulk discount? lol

Cheers
    TAZ

11. MechMechanic

MechMechanic New Member

You can definitely count me in.

12. Aenigma

Aenigma New Member

I hope you have my name down for one Rick :D

This is going to be amazing.

Amanda

13. ARES GW

ARES GW Well-Known Member

I am very very interested...trust me when this guy says friends at Supernatural.

14. Travisses

Travisses Member

I'm in if there's room still.

15. projectthx138

Hey Everyone,

OK, I have been getting a lot of PM's and emails (from those of you who really know me......:$) about the journal. First off I would like to say thank you all so much for your interest in this project of mine......:love

OK, Here's the scoop on the journal pages. These will all be hand done my yours truely, as I will be matching the screen caps and photos my friends sent me the best that I can (which will actually be really good since I am so *.....:$). Once I get the pages finished they will be taken down to Kinkos to get reproduced for the other journals. Remember some/ a lot of the pages will be left blank for you to add your own stuff, but withtnhat being said there still will be a lot of stuff in the journal......:love

NOW THE BIG QUESTION, WHO IS GOING TO GET THEM????? Well, the best way for me to handle this is the first 10 people who prepay for the journal gets one. I would say pay with paypal as it will be MUCH FASTER than sending me money. REMEMBER the first 10 are in the rest is out. Sorry, but this is a VERY SORT RUN based on supplies.....:cryFor those who want to send payment now and get locked in my paypal address is projectthx138@hotmail.com (same as my personal email address). Cost will be $250 (at this present time but if changes occure I will let everyone know) DO NOT SEND EXTRA MONEY FOR SHIPPING AT THIS TIME!!!! I know some of these are going to go here in the USA and other out of the country so I will have to figure everyones shipping when the time arrives. ALSO, when you pay for your journal PLEASE send as a gift otherwise paypal is going to rape us on charges which inturns cost you more $$$$$. If the money is sent as a gift no fees are taken out....:)

As I get payments from everyone I will post on here who has paid so once you see 10 names there are nomore journals (EVER). Good luck to ALL of you and for those of you lucky enough to get one these bad boys get prepared to get your SUPERNATURAL SOCKS ROCKED OFF!!!!! :cool

16. projectthx138

Supernatural Journal Update

OK, Here we go with the list for those of you locked into getting a Journal...:cool

1. Aenigma

2. MechMechanic

8 more journals are left up for grab......:eek

17. projectthx138

Has anyone ever seen this book before???? If so, where does one find it as I have looked all over but the JOURNAL (store bought version) I found is NOTHING like what is used on the show. Remember I am going to make these Journals to as close to the shows so I don't want to miss something especially if I can by a book like this to make sure my Journal Pages are CORRECT...... :confused

18. Comedian03

Comedian03 Well-Known Member

Not too sure which book he was talking about. The only book I remember being made that referenced the journal was "John Winchester's Journal" by Alex Irvine. I have NO clue if the stuff inside is actually screen accurate or not but it's the only one I'm aware of.

19. projectthx138

That's the only one that I am aware too and from what everone has told me about it, it is NOTHING like the shows nor does it even follow the story line. Remember this is just what I have been told as I have not held this book in my hands to see for myself...... :confused

If there is such a book out there I would LOVE to get my hands on it as it would make my job replicating the journal pages much more easier.....:$

20. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

I'm interested, but I can't send payments as a gift. If I'm in, I'll send as a product purchase with additional to cover the fees. But more than that, what history do you have here on sales? I don't see you doing any sales threads before, which makes me want to have a better idea of turn around time and delivery of product. Are you not interested in deposits or are you asking for full amount up front?

21. projectthx138

Hey Kerr Avon,

I have actually sold a lot of stuff on here before (mostly Supernatural Items) but I have never did a project like this before.

As for turn around time my guy who is making the journals (expert leather man) said the first 6 will be done around the first part of July. The second run (last 7) will be done not to long after that as long he doesn't have a lot of orders in his shop at the time so I would say the first part of August on the second run but it could be sooner.

I have no problem taking payment on paypal NOT as a gift. I was just trying to save everyone additional fees as paypal will want their share..:eek
    You can send payment anyway you like or feel comfortable in doing so. Like I said I am not on here to run a scam or to try and screw a few people out of $250. I'm just having a Balls On Replica of the journal made and I figured a few people may want to get in on this, if not it's no sweat off my butt as I'm still going to get mine......:$ This is just a one time offer as I don't have much time to do these kind of projects as I am always building cars (hot rod / movie cars) for people and this takes up a ton of my time. The ONLY reason I am taking on this project myself is because I want it done right as I am VERY * and I have an inside track to a lot of the Supernatural gear thanks to my friends who work for the show. PLUS, no one else has ever done this and I want this journal VERY BAD for my Supernatural Collection. :cool

There is no pressure to buy this but I just want to stress that I will only have 10 (that I can have made) and there will be no more after this and like I said before above I'm not doing this again (Well not the Journal anyway....:$). If things go well with this project I MAY be doing THE COLT in Metal. I actually have a lot of projects that I want to get done it's just that I can't get out of the garage long enough to start them...:eek

22. projectthx138

I forgot to add in my above post that if anyone wants to put in a deposit (however much you want) to get on the list of 10 people that is fine with me but with that being said ALL money will have to be due when production starts on this project as I don't want to front the cost then be stuck with a bunch of journals sitting in my office......:cheers

23. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

I'd be good with a deposit, but any chance we could see a prototype prior to full production to make sure it meets certain standards? The journal looks to be pretty complicated, and it'd be nice to see a prototype from this guy making them before a full production run. On this kind of thing people usually try to do a prototype first, to make sure the manufacturer has all the details right before a full production run.

24. Comedian03

Comedian03 Well-Known Member

If anyone is doubting projectthx138 and how reliable he is, DON'T!! lol He is a great guy to deal with and definitely has some awesome connections with the Supernatural prop guys, he's not someone who is going to rip you off, if he says you're getting a replica that's as close as 100% as it could possibly be, than that's definitely what you're going to get and you wont be disappointed :thumbsup

25. projectthx138

Thanks Comedian! Checks in the mail......:lol

26. projectthx138

NEW UPDATE ON THE JOURNAL LIST

1. Aenigma
    2. MechMechanic
    3. Fantomaz

7 More spots left.......:eek

27. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Get a chance to look at my PM? I and others are interested, but quite frankly I don't know exactly what I'm getting yet. I'd like to send you a deposit for a spot, but if we could get more on what we can expect to get for the full $250, then I think more people would be willing to jump in on this. Prototype pics, or a better listing of what to expect would go really well. If you look at some of the Indiana Jones Grail Diary threads, like this one, there's a pretty detailed accounting of what to expect in them. Any chance we can get more info?

28. projectthx138

NEW UPDATE ON THE JOURNAL LIST

1. Aenigma
    2. MechMechanic
    3. Fantomaz
    4. MsChainsaw1015

6 More Spots Left........:eek

29. Travisses

Travisses Member

Rick, you've got money! :-D

30. projectthx138

New Update on the Journals

1. Aenigma
    2. MechMechanic
    3. Fantomaz
    4. MsChainsaw1015
    5. Travisses
    6. Waiting for member to give me his screen name.....:$

ONLY 4 MORE JOURNALS LEFT........:eek

31. projectthx138

Got it brother! You are now on the list to get the CORRECT JOURNAL....:cool

32. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

If you could answer some questions I have no doubt you'd have this run filled.

33. projectthx138

What do you want answered???

34. Travisses

Travisses Member

Woo! My journal may be personalized with autographs and hundreds of hours of real supernatural research and work but I just *NEED* this one! :-D

35. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Just what exactly do we get for the $250? The real one has photographs, newspaper clippings, parts of maps, and other stuff jammed into it. You mentioned you'd include the military ribbons and 'paperwork' Can you give us a better idea of what the paperwork includes? Can we see some of the paperwork you already have to make these? That'll give us a better idea of what to expect. Even if you can't give us pics of the leather part of the journal because they aren't made yet, can't you give us pics of some of the interior stuff you're going to fill it with? Just some better idea of what to expect out of the cost.

Regarding deposits, if you are willing to take deposits to hold the spot until we can get a pic of an actual journal then I'm sure you'll fill up fast. Say half down, half due prior to shipping?

36. projectthx138

As stated before, journals must be paid for once production on them starts (unless we have made a deal) but you can put down a deposit (any dollar amount) to get on the list.

As for the Journals contents, these will be done close to the shows as possible HOWEVER with that being said the contents will NOT be 100%. This is because of the matter in which the originals Journals were made. There would be no way on this earth to reproduce what is in the boys journal unless I had the original in my hand (which I don't). My version will have SOME of the things that are in the journal plus some stuff that I just made up and a lot of blank pages for the new owners to add their on stuff. Now with that being said the Journal it's self (minus the contents) will be made 100% to the shows. The cost on having the journal made is $225 and I am figuring on another $25 worth of supplies to get the inside/contents up to par. I would sugest buying a "NATIONAL INQUIRE" and cutting stories out of it to stick in the journal PLUS buying a New York Map to stick in the journal. I will post photos of the screen caps I have showing this when the journals are finished plus photos of my journal so people can see what one will look like. Military medals, ribbons and pins will 100% correct but as the time draws near I will ask each person what ribbons they will want in their journal as there are two different ways they can be done. I will do them however people want theirs done.

As stated before I don't care if I sell any of these journals as when production starts there will be NO MORE Journals EVER. That means if I only sell six journals plus my three then ONLY nine journals will be made! I am not doing this for money or prestige I am just doing this to help anyone that wants a journal.

37. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

I'm good putting down money on a deposit until there's a prototype pic, but without any pictures of what to expect on contents, pages, or the leather component itself, I'll have to pass on the run. If you're having 6 done in the first batch before a break, if you get some pictures of how one of those looks then I'd probably be good jumping in on the second batch. I hope the run works out for you though!

38. CJ 617

CJ 617 Sr Member

Is there a cut off point for this offer as I'm thinking about getting in on it :)

Chris

39. projectthx138

Hey Chris,

Funny you should post this today as I just got done taking some photos of the ribbons that are in the Journal and I was just getting ready to do a pretty big post and I was going to let everyone know that I am putting a cut off date of June 9th on the Journals. This will allow me to start getting everything I am going to need for the Journals a couple of weeks before they go into production. So June 9th is it brother......:$ Hope to have you on board as I know you and everyone who gets this Journal is going to **** themselves when they see it........:eek TRUST ME, I have spent the last two weeks studying the journal for 12 hours a night (on my work shift to help pass the nights.....:)) so I don't think I am going to miss to much and if I do miss something there are going to be blank pages to add whatever your little hearts desire......:lol

Rick

40. projectthx138

Aright all my brothers and sisters who are on board (and getting on board) for this Journal, we need to talk about the military ribbons that are in the Journal. The reason we need to talk about this is because the journal was done in two different configurations with the ribbons......:eek

The first way the ribbons were done is in this photo;

View attachment 96672

The second way the ribbons were done is in this photo;

View attachment 96673

OK, just so you know these photos were of an old journal that I bought and tried doing up like the boys but as you can all see it's off BIG TIME so so now you know why I am having this thing built the proper way....:cool Now with this being said the ribbons are correct as is the rifle medal. The one pin that is NOT correct is the USMC pin next to the rifle medal. This pin is what I THOUGHT was the correct pin in the journal but when my friends sent me photos of the TRUE JOURNAL I finally saw the CORRECT PIN and I now have this for my NEW Journal and I will be putting these CORRECT PINS in everyones Journals.....:love

Now back to the ribbons, in the first photo the first ribbon which is the red, white and blue one on the top left hand side is a "SERVICE BRONZE STAR" ribbon. the second ribbon on the bottom left hand side (below the Bronze Star Ribbon) that is dark red with the blue stipe is a "USMC GOOD CONDUCT RIBBON" the next ribbon on the top right hand side which is yellow, green and red is a "VIETNAM COMBAT SERVICE RIBBON" and the last ribbon (bottom right hand side) which is yellow, red, blue and white is a "COMBAT VETERAN SERVICE RIBBON". Now the difference between the two versions is the "Vietnam Combat Service Ribbon has been move down and replaced the "Combat Veteran Service Ribbon" and that spot that had the "Vietnam Combat Service Ribbon' has now been replace with a "Purple Heart Ribbon". Both versions are CORRECT it I just need to know what version you all are wanting so I can get these ribbons bought and ready for the journals.....:cool

As stated in the above post the cut off date on getting a Journal is June 9th which is going to allow me to get everything bought for the journals a couple of weeks before they go into production. Plus I am going to have to make ALL the pages for the journals which is going to take some time to get done so basically I am going to be as busy as a one leg man in an * kicking contest......:lol

Look forward to hearing from all of you to see how you want your journal ribbons done. OH, and just so you all know I am going with the first photo version....:)

Rick

41. projectthx138

OK, so far Ihave only heard back from Fantomaz on what military ribbons to use in the Journal. For those of you who do not tell which version to use by June 9th I WILL CHOOSE FOR YOU! Also with that being said I just scored the same type of Telegram that is in the boys Journal so I will be able to make 100% copies of this for everyones Journals.........:cool

DON'T FORGET THE JOURNAL DEADLINE IS JUNE 9th IF YOU WANT ONE OF THESE AND I ALSO NEED TO KNOW WHAT MILITARY RIBBONS YOU WANT USED IN YOUR JOURNALS BY THIS DATE AS I WILL NEED TO START BUYING EVERYTHING TO MAKE THESE JOURNALS JUST RIGHT..........:eek

42. Travisses

Travisses Member

I'd like the second version, please. :)

43. CJ 617

CJ 617 Sr Member

Rick,

count me in for a journal!! :) I'll send you a deposit today to secure it...

thanks for all the work, you have put into this project.

Chris

p.s as for ribbons choice, I'd like the first version please

44. CJ 617

CJ 617 Sr Member

Deposit sent :)

Chris

45. projectthx138

Journal Update

1. Aenigma
    2. MechMechanic
    3. Fantomaz (first version military ribbons)
    4. MsChainsaw1015
    5. Travisses (sencond version military ribbons)
    6. Waiting for member to give me his screen name.....:$
    7. CJ 617 (first version military ribbons)

ONLY 3 MORE JOURNALS LEFT AND ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT TO GET THEM........:eek

46. Camaro91

Camaro91 Active Member

I'm in for 1! Pm sent!

47. projectthx138

Alright Everyone,

The cut off date has came and gone and here is the list for the Journals;

1. Aenigma (first version military ribbons)
    2. MechMechanic
    3. Fantomaz (first version military ribbons)
    4. MsChainsaw1015
    5. Travisses (sencond version military ribbons)
    6. CJ 617 (first version military ribbons)

As you all can see there are going to a total of 9 journals made. The 6 you see on the list and the 3 for me and my very good Supernatural Buddies. The remaining 4 journals will NOT be made and the extra 3 ring binders will be destoryed as these will NEVER be made again (or at least by me). If you do not see your name on the list then you failed to make a deposit by the cut off date which mean NO JOURNAL.

Now for those of you on the list. Production will start here in a couple of weeks and when this time comes those of you who put down a deposit must have your Journal paid for in full. Also I would like everyone on the list to email me at my personal email address (projectthx138@hotmail.com) and put in the subject of the email "MY JOURNAL". The reason I am asking everyone to do this is so I can start emailing you all to so you what is going into the journals. Trust me, you all are going to die when you see whats coming your way.........:)

My next post on this subject will be me posting photos of the journals for those of you who did not get one to see (those of you who ordered will see these way more in advance.......:cool).

I look forward in showing you my talents, the talents of my PRO Leather worker and to showing you just how * I really am.....:$

48. projectthx138

Just posting to see if everyone who is getting a journal is getting my private emails............... :confused

49. Fantomaz

Fantomaz New Member

Got it! Just have to answer it.

50. swissmom8873

swissmom8873 Member

I know I missed the cutoff date big time, but I actually would be interested in just the journal and pages inside. Please let me know if that is a possiblity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.