Done / Completed Screen accurate LS ROTJ Hero PCB reveal boards

That's great! Thanks :) I still have you down for one of the last Hero Kits when the body sections arrive. So you have one put aside for that already. Do you want three in total? Or two (one with your kit, plus one extra)?

That's great, thanks. There are a couple left. Very nearly gone though. I'll get the details to you shortly. Cheers (y)

I want the one that came with the Hero kit, and two others separately, for a total of three!

If there's one still left I would love it!

Hi Dave, I would like one if you still have them. Awesome job!

Roy

Hi Guys,

So the few I have left that are made up ready are all spoken for I'm afraid. They've been reserved to go out with my last few hero kits.

I've just checked though, and I have a couple of boards and enough components left to put together two more boards if you'd like them and don't mind waiting a couple of days for me to put them together in between my other commitments?

These will be the last two now, as I'll be all out of boards, and they have to be ordered in multiples of 50. So I'll be shutting up shop after these.

I'll send the details through now. (y)

Hi Guys,

So the few I have left that are made up ready are all spoken for I'm afraid. They've been reserved to go out with my last few hero kits.

I've just checked though, and I have a couple of boards and enough components left to put together two more boards if you'd like them and don't mind waiting a couple of days for me to put them together in between my other commitments?

These will be the last two now, as I'll be all out of boards, and they have to be ordered in multiples of 50. So I'll be shutting up shop after these.

That would be fantastic - thank you very much!

Hi Guys,

Thanks! That would be fantastic indeed!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the story behind these, I've made it my mission over the past couple of years to recreate an exact replica of the solid aluminium prop known as the Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero, that was used by Mark Hamill whilst filming ROTJ.

My first limited run focused on my personal favourite, the ISYHCANL:

View attachment 1348973View attachment 1348974

This was a very limited run of just ten, but it laid the groundwork for my next run, which included all three versions of the prop (this time in kit form). As part of the kit, I included a 3D printed representation of the reveal board (as seen in the deleted "cave scene")

View attachment 1348975View attachment 1348976

It turned out great, but I was never really satisfied that it was only a "representation" of what existed in the real prop.

View attachment 1348978

For the 2nd run of my Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero kit, I put the models through a fresh round of rigorous checks, to ensure that this was the most accurate recreation of the prop thus far.

View attachment 1348989

I also decided to have the circuit board reveal part of the prop manufactured by an actual PCB manufacturer:

View attachment 1348981View attachment 1348979

The cost of having the boards put together on top of having them printed turned out not to be viable, so I set about sourcing components myself. After many, many hours of searching and experimenting, I have finally settled on a design that incorporates a mixture or real electrical components (including the micro-controller) and miniature magnets (which I demagnetise by heating them above their Curie point).

View attachment 1348990

View attachment 1348982
View attachment 1352161
View attachment 1352167

*Partially completed build*

The boards' dimensions are 15.5mm X 48.14mm. These have been designed to fit in my latest Hero and will need to be trimmed to fit Anakin Starkillers'. This is a relatively simple process as the board is very easy to sand down. The side rails can be removed from the canoe for the AS Hero and the remaining canoe part can then be trimmed down to act as a platform for the reveal board.

I'm happy to announce that I ordered enough of these to cover my latest run, along with extra, which I can offer to you here:

The total cost for each board, depending on location is:

• UK: £20.90
  • EUROPE: £21.00
  • REST OF WORLD: £21.33

Here are the prices for postage. This only needs to be paid once:
  • UK: Royal Mail Signed For® 1st Class = £2.82
  • EUROPE: Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed = £9.10
  • REST OF WORLD: Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed = £10.13

So, The totals including shipping (for one board) are as follows:
  • UK: £23.72
  • EUROPE: £30.10
  • REST OF WORLD: £31.46

*There are no additional fees to be paid, as they have been calculated in to sales prices, as per the classifieds guidelines.

*This is initially an interest thread*. If you'd like one (or more) of these, please leave a comment or contact me directly. I'll be putting these together in batches of 10-20 and contacting people from the top of the list as and when they're ready to ship. So no need to pay until you're order is ready and I've contacted you via PM.

I'm looking forward to seeing these in some of your hero builds! :)

All the best and MTFBWY!

Dave
hi Dave , can I please make an order I have PM you Cheers

*Update*

Hi Everyone. I'm afraid I'm all out of parts for these now. It's been a great run, and I'd like to thank everyone who took part. :)

Any remaining boards are now reserved for the last few Hero kits I'm afraid, and to do any more, I'd have to order the parts in bulk.

I've really enjoyed working on them and seeing them in your builds.

Thanks again everyone and all the best,

Dave

MTFBWY-A

*Update*

Hi Everyone. I'm afraid I'm all out of parts for these now. It's been a great run, and I'd like to thank everyone who took part. :)

Any remaining boards are now reserved for the last few Hero kits I'm afraid, and to do any more, I'd have to order the parts in bulk.

I've really enjoyed working on them and seeing them in your builds.

Thanks again everyone and all the best,

These look great, Dave! Can't wait to work on a lightsaber now. Hopefully they'll be some more of these run later. May the force be with you!

If you ever decide to do another run I'd be interested in one, or even a 3D printed version.
Hi Everyone. Just wanted to post here in case anyone else missed out on getting one of these...

I had a handful of blank boards left over, but not enough components to build them up. I ordered the parts I needed to make these last seven up,
so they're now available on the JunkYard.

These really are the very last of these now as I would have to buy a whole batch of blank boards in order to make any more.

Anyway, here's a link to the listing if you're interested: Luke ROTJ Hero Reveal Boards

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Guys,

Super late to the party, but if you ever do another run, I’d like to get one. They look amazing!

Super late to the party, but if you ever do another run, I’d like to get one. They look amazing!

I think its safe to say that he'll be making some more soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back