Done / Completed Screen accurate LS ROTJ Hero PCB reveal boards

I'll take one if they're still available. I'd like to see how easily it will fit in a Nicksdad Luke ROTJ that I have.
Thanks Joe. I'd be interested to see that too. :) I'll get the details over to you shortly. (y)

Unfortunately not. Although I suppose I could disassemble the control box to take an “after” pic.

The rule of thumb I used was that about twice the thickness of the PCB (spitballing off the top of my head, around 3-4mm or so) needed to be removed.

The final step will be installing functional electronics for the blinking arrows. I’ve seen a schematic or two around here. I’m thinking of a setup that allows for an on/off switch to start one arrow blinking, then a momentary switch to swap to the other color.

Meanwhile, I installed Dave’s new tri-ring. I went for a cheaper and more ghetto solution, as opposed to Halliwax’s 3D-printed spacer—a dab of E6000 on opposing sides of each cut end of the ring. After letting the blobs dry and installing the ring, the resulting friction fit allows the ring to to posed at various angles, like the original.

I also gave it a coat of Barricade (used for gun maintenance, which I had leftover from my Denix Solo blaster build) to prevent rusting. I wanted the darker color of the raw steel, but also a slightly more ideal, non-rusted look.

View attachment 1366981
I’m looking at buying one of Dave’s tri-rings and getting the friction to be right. Can you help explain what you did with the E6000 to get the friction right?

I’m looking at buying one of Dave’s tri-rings and getting the friction to be right. Can you help explain what you did with the E6000 to get the friction right?

Literally just a tiny blob of glue on each cut end of the tri-ring. When the glue cured and the ring was inserted into the pommel, the extra mass provided a slightly more snug fit, allowing the ring to be posed and stay in place.

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the story behind these, I've made it my mission over the past couple of years to recreate an exact replica of the solid aluminium prop known as the Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero, that was used by Mark Hamill whilst filming ROTJ.

My first limited run focused on my personal favourite, the ISYHCANL:

View attachment 1348973View attachment 1348974

This was a very limited run of just ten, but it laid the groundwork for my next run, which included all three versions of the prop (this time in kit form). As part of the kit, I included a 3D printed representation of the reveal board (as seen in the deleted "cave scene")

View attachment 1348975View attachment 1348976

It turned out great, but I was never really satisfied that it was only a "representation" of what existed in the real prop.

View attachment 1348978

For the 2nd run of my Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero kit, I put the models through a fresh round of rigorous checks, to ensure that this was the most accurate recreation of the prop thus far.

View attachment 1348989

I also decided to have the circuit board reveal part of the prop manufactured by an actual PCB manufacturer:

View attachment 1348981View attachment 1348979

The cost of having the boards put together on top of having them printed turned out not to be viable, so I set about sourcing components myself. After many, many hours of searching and experimenting, I have finally settled on a design that incorporates a mixture or real electrical components (including the micro-controller) and miniature magnets (which I demagnetise by heating them above their Curie point).

View attachment 1348990

View attachment 1348982
View attachment 1352161
View attachment 1352167

*Partially completed build*

The boards' dimensions are 15.5mm X 48.14mm. These have been designed to fit in my latest Hero and will need to be trimmed to fit Anakin Starkillers'. This is a relatively simple process as the board is very easy to sand down. The side rails can be removed from the canoe for the AS Hero and the remaining canoe part can then be trimmed down to act as a platform for the reveal board.

I'm happy to announce that I ordered enough of these to cover my latest run, along with extra, which I can offer to you here:

The total cost for each board, depending on location is:

• UK: £20.90
  • EUROPE: £21.00
  • REST OF WORLD: £21.33

Here are the prices for postage. This only needs to be paid once:
  • UK: Royal Mail Signed For® 1st Class = £2.82
  • EUROPE: Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed = £9.10
  • REST OF WORLD: Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed = £10.13

So, The totals including shipping (for one board) are as follows:
  • UK: £23.72
  • EUROPE: £30.10
  • REST OF WORLD: £31.46

*There are no additional fees to be paid, as they have been calculated in to sales prices, as per the classifieds guidelines.

*This is initially an interest thread*. If you'd like one (or more) of these, please leave a comment or contact me directly. I'll be putting these together in batches of 10-20 and contacting people from the top of the list as and when they're ready to ship. So no need to pay until you're order is ready and I've contacted you via PM.

I'm looking forward to seeing these in some of your hero builds! :)

All the best and MTFBWY!

Dave
Hi Dave,

Are these cards still available?

Thanks!
Frank

Literally just a tiny blob of glue on each cut end of the tri-ring. When the glue cured and the ring was inserted into the pommel, the extra mass provided a slightly more snug fit, allowing the ring to be posed and stay in place.
Awesome, probably what I’m going to wind up doing. When you say tiny blob of glue, would you say no more than the diameter of the ring, or (I’m assuming) just slightly larger to let it fill the space better?

Got these beauties in today!

Attachments

• IMG_4182.jpg
    IMG_4182.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4183.jpg
    IMG_4183.jpg
    883 KB · Views: 93
I want two of them!
That's great! Thanks :) I still have you down for one of the last Hero Kits when the body sections arrive. So you have one put aside for that already. Do you want three in total? Or two (one with your kit, plus one extra)?
If there is any remaining availability, I'd like to get one of these.
That's great, thanks. There are a couple left. Very nearly gone though. I'll get the details to you shortly. Cheers (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back