SCREAM 2022!

Love this series, I know they’ll be plenty of eye rolls but back when I was a kid I really enjoyed this

The parody’s even more so! lol

I don't get why they use the exact same title on these tired reboot/sequels. Halloween, The Thing, Scream, they already exist, seems like a cheap way to confuse audiences and try to overshadow the originals.

I don't get why they use the exact same title on these tired reboot/sequels. Halloween, The Thing, Scream, they already exist, seems like a cheap way to confuse audiences and try to overshadow the originals.
I agree, I had the same sentiment toward Halloween 2018. They got pretty creative with the Scream 4 logo being SCRE4M, not sure why they couldn't work a V into the title like this.
scream 5.png

I kind of feel the 5 makes the spacing feel off. I get in place if the “E”, it would look better.
I don't think that would work as 3 is generally associated with E in the internet world. Tbh I think the V in the M would've been a fresh creative choice, Or even just do what they did for the first 2 sequels and just made it "SCREAM 5" and call it a day :lol:

I'm not sure how I feel about this, mostly because this is the first film without Mr. Craven being here to direct. I mean, yeah, he passed away and that can't be helped. But for me, my concern is the same that I have for Top Gun: Maverick. Though I have hope with the directors that are involved in the upcoming film, as I've heard good reviews about their film Ready or Not and VHS, what made Scream what it was was Wes Craven's direction. What gave the film it's style was what Mr. Craven brought to it. I'm sure it might be good, but I got a feeling it may be lacking what made the Scream films what they were.

However, I think I may have figured out what it will be a commentary about. The fifth film will be a commentary on direct-connect sequels, like the ones for Halloween (2018) and Terminator: Dark Fate, which disregards any of the other films in the franchise and is meant to be directly a connected to the original as if it were a true second film (even if it is the fourth/fifth/six+ film in the series). This explains why the killer (or killers) in the film is targeting "those related to the killer in the original", and why Sidney, Gale and Dewey are back for the film as well (much like how Jamie Lee Curtis reprised her role as Laurie Strode, though her character was killed off in Halloween: Resurrection, and like Linda Hamilton reprising her role as Sarah Connor, despite her character dying off screen between the second and third films). It will also poke fun at grittier feeling of said reboots, and this film will lack the humor of the past films. In fact, I even posted this very interpretation to the TVTropes WMG subsection for the film's page.

Last edited:
Just got out of the movie! It was actually surprisingly good, definitely better than Scream 4 and does well even though it doesn't have Wes behind the camera.

PXL_20220114_015216081.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back from seeing it. I thought it was awesome. For me, it delivered in a way that a horror movie should, but then also in a way that a Scream movie should. The commentary it makes on reboots/sequels/franchises was so right on. Also the points they make about "true believer" type fans and fandom. Oh wow. So perfect. This would be a great film to button up the whole series with or they could keep going with the "new blood". Either way I wouldn't be mad.

I was a huge fan of the series and it sparked an early interest in horror as a kid. I thought the movie was excellent. It has just fan service.

In honor of the movie I casted a Ghost Face is solid aluminum in my forge. I have a video of the process on Instagram: TheGhostForge

F091FB92-E39F-4006-AB57-D50A16A2F23F.jpeg

I liked the first two but I don't think I've seen anything past them and not since the were released. I've never been all that interested in Scream as a "thing." Horror became something as a joke everything post-Scream until fairly recently where we're back to getting some decent stuff. Wes did the Scream premise before in New Nightmare and, honestly, I actually preferred that.

Thought this movie sucked. Highly predictable. Figured out the murderers pretty fast. And their reasoning behind it was even more stupid. One of the murderers literally loses 5 feet of height when it’s revealed to be them.
One major character has a dumb oopsy moment.
Just recycled garbage like matrix resurrections

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back