Scratchbuilt Lambda Shuttle

MonsieurTox

Master Member
Hello guys,
Ive started the lambda shuttle using the pulls of the body and of the cockpit Neil gave me some months ago... Great parts ! Thanks again Neil ;)

Im not planning to do a 100% accurate model since I dont want to spend time and money on ID. I do with what I know and what I have :) This will be the philosophy of the whole building, trying to minimize the costs of the model. And I have to build it quickly, like Bill George did. Unfortunatly I will be in vacations for 2 weeks, but once Im back, this one will be finish.
Here's are some pic, nothing is trimmed/glued yet just in place for the pics, except the bottom of the neck which is done (still the ramp to do) :

LS3.jpg

LS4.jpg

LS5.jpg

LS6.jpg

LS7.jpg

LS8.jpg

LS9.jpg

Last edited:
Re: SS Lambda Shuttle

Thanks Sean !

I put a light coat of primer on the neck and it looks much better. I can see I have one seam lines to fill !

LS10.jpg

LS11.jpg

LS12.jpg

Probably the last update until I go back home !

Ooooohhh, I love parts in primer!. Awesome project Julien and a great start, you lucky devil!.
Dude!, how many projects have you got on the go, do you ever sleep and eat?.
Anyway looking forward to this thread J.:lol

Stu

Looking great so far Julien....and thank you for IDing some of the most illusive parts for me...:)...I'm glad I could help!

N

Many thanks for your comments guys, coming from you it means a lot !
I dont sleep a lot but I cant stop eating :lol

Today I rebuilt the front grill. It's not very accurate but will do the trick !

LS13.jpg

I also try to ID the parts on the side jaw detail plates :

LS14.jpg

I'm missing the middle part which is a half cut part from the Morser Karl. I used them all on my TIE Bomber and some of them on my ISD. I dont plan to buy another Karl only for one part so I may scratchbuild it !

Now with some primer (I still have some scribbing work to do on the cockpit and reshape the rear "horns")

LS15.jpg

LS16.jpg

LS17.jpg

LS18.jpg

LS19.jpg

Neil, your cockpit looks soooo smooth with primer, flawless !

Julien, just which part do you need from the Karl?, I may be able to help you out with that!. PM if you like?. Saves scratching it dude!.:lol

Stu

Julien... without a doubt.. you remain one of the best scratch builders I have ever seen. You are truly a fantastic artist.
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif

Many thanks for all your comments guys !
Im back from my vacations trip but even on the beach, I was thinking about this one and finally I could build it with motorized wings and landing gear. Would love to get some parts of the mechanism machined from aluminium but I dont want to spent too much so I could use acrylic instead of alu.

Julien, just which part do you need from the Karl?, I may be able to help you out with that!. PM if you like?. Saves scratching it dude!.:lol

Stu

Stu, thanks for your help ! But I think you used those parts on your Bomber ;)

http://www.studioscale.com/images/Kit Photos/Hasegawa/morser karl/parts3.jpg

That's the ribbed parts which are used on the inner wing of the bomber, it's cut in half on the Shuttle ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back