ghost_11_zpsopfwgsrt.jpg

ghost_7_zpsizcjyz9o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ghost_15_zpscmf3czwc.jpg

ghost_16_zpsj3wxgodj.jpg

ghost_17_zpswjmvwrfy.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

NOTES:

-Made from styrene sheet for the main construction, and an oversized plastic Easter egg for the forward canopies, this took a good long while to bring together.

-I was hoping to have it done for Easter (my son got the Phantom from the Easter Bunny), but I didn’t quite hit that timetable.

-The basic body is 22” by 22”, roughly 2” wider/longer than the vintage Falcon. My son can pick it up at least.

-I imagined how this would work as a vintage toy, with clear inspiration from the old Falcon with the removable cockpit and hold sections.

-The project began by using Hasbro’s Phantom and working my way out within the basic dimensions I had in mind.

-The dorsal and forward turrets are articulated, which took a bit of figuring.

How fun! Great job, and it totally hold the proportions of the old Kenner Falcon.
It'd be need to add some texture stickers that look nothing like the tv show.

And I'm totally jealous of your Sabine & Hera figs...

And I'm totally jealous of your Sabine & Hera figs...

Aye, but don't be jealous of the price I paid for them. I believe Hasbro has a new Sabine figure coming out later this year with a removable helmet.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. This should be a no-brainer for Hasbro, but I suppose this kind of ship would be very expensive to produce. I'm guessing that the whole Phantom thing was intentional as a cheaper, more toyetic solution to building a large ship. The days of the Big Millenium Falcon and AT-AT toys are a thing of the past, I guess.

Nice job, Glorbes! Guess you're getting a "#1 Dad" t-shirt for your b-day, eh? ;^)

I keep telling the 1/355th scale Ghost on my desk to stop bugging me to upscale it; too busy doing other crazy stuff. Thanks for showing the way, however.

Regards, Robert

This is too cool. When I was a kid, I would've played the ***** out of this thing. So many of the builds here are grown-up screen accurate, which is cool and all, but this represents the spirit of modeling sooo well. You've got a lucky son!

I cant help but go back and look at this creation again and again. You solved many of the problems that I was facing. The cockpit/turret windows being one piece and blacked out--effing brilliant. Placement of the lower turret--very smart, its functional and still many will want to see it as part of the ship. I eyeballed everything and kinda shrunk it down as I went. Like you I started with the PHANTOM and let it dictate from there. I actually created a BMF/BG ship to scale (or as close as I can approximate it to the BMF). You also created the play area in the middle--very smart. And it doesnt detract being Toy-scaled either, it looks PERFECT. The paint job was great and the panels painted/seperate pieces of styrene---it just looks soo smart. If you ever fancy making another, I would buy it in a heartbeat--no PHANTOM needed. Its a work of art and its just so damn perfect. Again, hats off to you sir.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back