Scratchbuilt Ebon Hawk Finished w/Pics - Update 5/17

bobbyfett

Hi All,
I just wanted to share some pics of my scratchbuilt Ebon Hawk. I've been working on it over the past few months and finally finished it today. It was built as a comissioned project and one of the things requested by the customer was that it be painted with blue markings instead of the red ones seen in-game. Other than fixing the guns in place and giving it a final matte overcoat, it's finished. I'd be interested to see what you think of it. Here are some pics:
http://www.starwarsmodels.com/hawkprog.html
The finished pics are at the bottom, and everything else is in-progress shots. I'll have some bigger and better pics of the finished piece soon. Thanks.
-Bob

EDIT: I just realized I accidentally posted this in SS Modeling instead of General Modeling. Mods, could you move me? Sorry again.

Oh no.. Your nice new model got all dirty. What a shame. . .

Seriously, I've watched the progress on this thing as you posted, and the final model looks fantastic.
As JDH mentioned above; "any chance of that thing falling into resin?" :)

Thanks guys.
It'd be a real shame if it fell into some resin, Greg. Then I'd just have one big block. :D j/k I knew what you meant. Hopefully I can remaster a kit version someday. For now I'm just doing individual builds since I still have my pile of plans, measurements, and various chicken scratch from this one. :)
Prometheus, no plans for the Moldy Crow, but I think Karim Nassar did a fantastic one. Check it out: http://www.karimnassar.com/modeling/mc.php
Thanks again for the compliments guys.

I remember this game too! Never thought anyone would ever attempt one of these. Nice to see it "come to life".
If this ever comes out in a "kit" you let me know. I really want to add one of these to my collection.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back