Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Re: Scratchbuilt Star Destroyer 1/2222 scale

this is so sick! the detail is ridicolus! you should make a short film with it after. great work

I've been avoiding this thread. I'm at must-follow-thread overload already. Dammit, why did I click on this? :D Amazing work, Scratchy.

:eek

I was looking though this, thinking it was pretty detailed... then I saw the fiber optics. :confused

All I can say now is..... Holy crap. You, good sir, win the internet.

Very impressive especially the inside lighting and detail keep it up (y)thumbsup

-cirilo

Hard to believe this model is less than 3 feet long. It appears ti be MUCH bigger. You have tremendous talent and dedication sir.

I've been avoiding this thread. I'm at must-follow-thread overload already. Dammit, why did I click on this? :D Amazing work, Scratchy.

Thanks Nwerke!
Many thanks for the images that you posted:thumbsup

:eek

I was looking though this, thinking it was pretty detailed... then I saw the fiber optics. :confused

All I can say now is..... Holy crap. You, good sir, win the internet.

I'm happy that you're enjoying the WIP pics Zurginator.

Very impressive especially the inside lighting and detail keep it up (y)thumbsup

-cirilo

Thanks Akuma

Hard to believe this model is less than 3 feet long. It appears ti be MUCH bigger. You have tremendous talent and dedication sir.

I wish it was bigger, it would b easier to work on. However, this size is a good "shelf" size and will compliment some future 1/2256 kits that I picked up.

Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words.

Some work on the flanges that's on the spine.

I tried to find some "T" plastic strip from Plastruct and Evergreen that would fit this area, but neither companies make anything small enough. I purchased some Plastruct ABS TEE 90081 for the edges of the spine though and it looks to be a good fit. For the flanges, I cut some .010" styrene into 3mm strips, scribed, and glued pieces to the spine.
spine1.jpg

I used some .010X.020 strips from Evergreen, cut four seperate pieces and glued them to the 3mm pieces
spine2.jpg

I continued the same technique for the back end
spine3.jpg

spine4.jpg

I'm really looking forward to detailing this area, and the front where I glued the Flak carriage to the neck

Looks incredible and amazing attention to detail. I would never have the patience for something like this. :cool

Where did you get the schematics?

I started off with with an illustration from the vehicles and vessels book, but found out that this image was totally inaccurate and I had to modify the artwork with the aid of the reference images of the studio model.

I was also sent a template of the tower neck from a member of this board. (thank you again, you know who you are)

I would suggest if you where to build one, make your own plans based from the reference picture of the studio model. Nwerke, a member of this site has posted a woderful assortment of pics at this site,

Studioscale.com

There are also a number of sites out on the net that offer similar pics of this subject.

i love this build, it ozzzes class and sheer awesomeness!!!! kudos to you,i really enjoy reading your updates
all the best
colin

OMG, this is simply incredible.... You skill sir and attention to detail is amazing....

Erm, I guess a run of these will be out of the question ;)

(Will follow this thread for sure)

Whoa, the detail you put into that command tower is just amazing! I'm certainly going to follow this WIP. Great job!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back