scratchbuild NABOO ROYAL CRUISER studio scale...i hope!

krade

20140505_181054.jpg20140506_003024.jpg20140506_173445.jpghere the first pics of the naboo royal starship

since i did'nt find any good pics reference ,except in a fews books i have, it's difficult to get the right proportions,i do my best to get it right.
i hope you'll enjoy this project for the future weeks and months!
any advice,tips and tricks are welcome!20140504_221258.jpg20140504_225816.jpg20140504_225828.jpg

Last edited:
You could go two ways on "studio scale". The maquette of the queen's ship was around 2 feet long. Or the shooting model which was about 8 feet long plus the almost 3 foot long tail spikes! I forget if the maquette was ever filmed, but at least one casting got vacuum metalized. Here's a couple photos:
EP1_IA_60491.jpg
EP1_IA_60536.jpg
This is the maquette. I'll try to find pictures of the big one.

Nice project! Try to find the Episode I Insider's Guide CD-ROM, it has some nice reference pictures. I recently got a copy for 1€ on ebay... well worth the money.

i have finished the upper part and i'm filling it with urethane foam and clay,then i will vaccu form it in 2 separate parts,then i will start the lower part of the ship!

Wow, TFS Duncanator...I didn't know that the model was sooo big. Good luck krade on the build; she's not easy to make;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back