Scratch-built SS life boat.....(Escape Pod)

OK - I'm a little confused... Wy is it you need a solid plaster cast of the inside of the bucket? I'm obviously missing something here :confused

Jedi Dade

Your not missing anything......I didn't vacuum form it yet.
If it works out I am going to be selling the parts....."If it
works out"

:) Ya Mon

100_3562.jpg

100_3593.jpg

100_3595.jpg

100_3596.jpg

100_3599.jpg

100_3600.jpg

Very interested how the "sections" will be attached together and stay strong enough for lifting at the very "nose" of the pod.

In addtion, the boundary between each section has a very sharp edge, which vacuforming doesn't provide very well unless you execute the edge via sanding.
cCan you share with us how you're going to accomplish that aspect, or are you getting close to that step and will be showing us?

Well each section except the big one, can be formed top to bottom or bottom to top. So each section will have an entire top or bottom to glue to....well that's the plan. As far as the crispness well lets just see how it comes out
on the edges ......I don't know yet i cant tell you that until i see it. It's going to be in 6 separate parts right now. It might need some sanding before I sell any i will have pictures so you guys can decide.:thumbsup My goal was to try to help Jase out and come up with one for myself.....I don't plan on getting rich off them, if you guys like what you see then i can make the parts.:thumbsup

Regards,
Michael

Looking good. I like your approach to this. It might be nice to have pulls made to go with some kit parts cast to make our own. Good idea! Thanks for sharing.

I might speak with Mike Salzo & see if he'd be interested in producing a parts set from my parts. Theres only a couple of parts unidentified so if everyone got back on the id thread & nail them I'll put the parts up for casting.
Nice work Michael.
Its looking good mate. I better get back to my build soon...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back