Scratch built plasma canon

marshon

Here's a shot of my scratch built plasma canon. About half way through the build here.
It's not a replica of any canon in particular.

predator_canon_03_by_marshon-d38lzx3.jpg

M.

That's looking really good, Brother! A little tip I got from my mother-in-law (Who does minitures and such) try to locate a local hobby store that specializes in minitures. She gave me a whole bunch of baseboard trim, textured roofing materials, etc., that I will incorporate into my own cannon. The materials are quite inexpensive, save a lot of time, and add some interesting shapes and textures. Looking forward to your updates!

I have to say that compared to sculpting it out of clay for those of us who can sculpt I think this is the next best thing and it is coming along very nicely I might add

Final construction update. I still have to make the mount, but I'll leave that until I've figured out how it's going to join with the back-pack.
It's drying as I write this so should be ready for paint by tomorrow...

predator_canon_05_by_marshon-d38osgx.jpg

predator_canon_06_by_marshon-d38osje.jpg

predator_canon_07_by_marshon-d38oska.jpg

Here's the basic completed canon. It may need a little more weathering before it's actually used, but I'm pleased with it at this stage.

predator_canon_completed_2_by_marshon-d38oz86.jpg

predator_canon_completed_1_by_marshon-d38oz71.jpg

there is nothing more refreshing to me,.. than an actual build thread ...

as stated the detailing is really sweet on that piece....

AM

I like this cannon! I'm curious to know if this is a composite build from found items? I've worked that way with junk in the past and it's nice to know that other people do that as well. Recycle, Recycle, Recycle.

I like this cannon! I'm curious to know if this is a composite build from found items? I've worked that way with junk in the past and it's nice to know that other people do that as well. Recycle, Recycle, Recycle.

Yeah, effectively it's all made from recycled bits and bobs.

I have another one that was made for a commission that fell through, it's over on ebay because I haven't been a member long enough to sell on here.
It's a bit closer in dimensions to the P1 caster

Canon

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back