Scratch Built Mars Mining Colony

Demoriel

A friend of mine needed to create some quick miniatures for a short film set on MARS. So we scratch built some cool stuff on our shoe-string budget!

MarsMiningColony020.jpgMarsMiningColony014sized.jpgMarsMiningColony010.jpgMarsMiningColony006sized.jpg

Let's see... pop cans, some zip tie hold-downs, chicken wire, part from various models, including most notably to my eye, the Klingon cruiser from the movies...

Gorgeous work, really! I love how a skilled modeler can take pretty mundane odds and ends and a nice paint job and whip something like this which looks very plausible. The rock-strewn field this stuff is set up on really sells it as an outpost on Mars.

I love it!

--Alex

Awesome! As a child, I was at a Star Trek exhibition and there were also some original miniature sets from TNG. They did not look different or better than this.
Nice details. And with the colors and weathering, it looks like this buildings have seen some martian dust storms. Realy looks like a mars colony.
(And in my opinion, so much better than CGI :rolleyes )

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back