Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1 FINISHED.

Re: Scratch Built Red Bull Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1

Just gave it a shot with some Enamel primer.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm enamel Primer
Picture%2520116.jpg

Picture%2520120.jpg

Picture%2520121.jpg

Picture%2520119.jpg

Picture%2520127.jpg

Picture%2520117.jpg

Gag

Gagster,

I have never thought about scratch building my own galactic spacecraft until I found your build.:cool I don’t think I would know where to start, but I’m learning a lot watching you.:popcorn

Your work is truly inspiring and very realistic looking!!!!:love When she’s all finished I hope you take some photos as if it were traveling through the universe like the Star Ship Enterprise. That would be awesome!!!!!!;)

Reamer

Awesome, keep going!!

Must.........have.......more.......progress.............pics..:behave
:popcorn

Look, my brother!
You'll see how many people were inspired by your model and wants to start their own build.
I call it Gag boomer.:lol

Seriously epic build. I don't know what form of insanity you have but I like it. The level of detail is beyond words. The work on the engins alone...and the rest, well...Wow.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, it really is appreciated.

Hit a bit of a wall this week, what to do next. ??? Needed to confirm the design in my mind but i was coming up blank. The next logical step was I needed to intergrate the engine fairings with the main wings but i can't do that until i've wired the engine lights, but i can't wire the lights until i assemble the engine parts inside the fairing, but i can't do that yet because they will get destroyed during masking and painting so i need to paint the engine fairings first but i can't do that because they need to be integrated into the main wings.........etc....etc....etc...

I needed to think about how this is going to work as i'm getting to the stage of some major assembly steps so i need to finalise just exactly what order i am going to approach this stage of the build.

Finally, i wanted a break from thinking so i decided to paint the base colour onto the wing back detail sections and the hitch assembly center base support. Both had been hairsprayed but only the wing back details had been salted. The base colour is 90% XF2 flat white, 5% XF66 light grey, 4% X11 chrome silver & 1% XF57 Buff. These amounts are approximate mainly white with spots of the other colours until it was the look i was after.

Picture%2520138.jpg

Removed the salt and gave the whole thing a very light black pastel wash.

Picture%2520150.jpg

This was just chipped and washed, again with a very light black pastel wash.

Picture%2520156.jpg

Started to add some external winglet details on the outer flaps

Picture%2520154.jpg

Finished the skinning on the front of the wings with 1mm styrene sheet, the rest of the wing is skinned with 1/2mm sheet.

Picture%2520159.jpg

Picture%2520161.jpg

I came up with a sort of plan so then i started to intergrate the engine fairings into the wings.

Picture%2520166.jpg

And thats about it so far.

Stay tuned, may have another update on Sunday evening.
Take care.

Gaggles

Exquisite work as ever, Mr Gag!

Don't let up the pace, your audience waits with baited breath!

:D

Gagster,
I worked as a Machinist for more than 20 years before I injured my back on the job and was forced to change careers. The company I worked at was a job shop and we could produce small parts you could hold in your hand and parts that weighed up to 5 tons. We had a metal fabricating department that made weldments weighing up to up to 5tons and they were finished machined on the big CNC machining centers or manual horizontal boring mills or whatever machine had the capacity to hold the part. I worked on the day shift and a good friend of mine was the lead man on second shift.

You being a Tool Maker know that there is more than one way to make a part and it doesn't usually matter where you begin as long as the part is produced at the end.

It's only natural with a build like yours that you will have times when you are not sure what to do next. I said all this to get to my point.

My lead man friend would tell his crew "I don't care how you make the thing, just do something even if it's wrong. We don't have all the time in the world to get the job done.":lol:lol

Gagster, your work is cutting edge!!!!!!!!!!:cool! Never let em see ya sweat!!!!!!!:D

Reamer:)

Last edited by a moderator:

this is still looking absolutely amazing,

the level of detail is great and the overall aesthetic fits well together.

...and the awesomeness continued unabated.

Gagster, your work is cutting edge!!!!!!!!!!:cool! Never let em see ya sweat!!!!!!!:D

Reamer:)

I realy appreciate the pep talk mate, Some times having no instructions is really frustrating.
Back on track now.
:D

Evenin All​

Thank you so much everyone for stopping by and posting comments, i really appreciate it.​

I Didn't get round to posting on Sunday as i really didn't make that much visible difference. Lots of thinking​

I've been slowly plodding away this week and have been figuring out how to blend the engine fairings into the wings and final small details on the underside of the wings and the body.​

I first covered up the inner wing walls. This is just a straight 1mm styrene skin with engraved panel lines.​

Picture%2520140.jpg

Worked on the shield and cloking generators​

Picture%2520145.jpg

Quick dusting of primmmmmmmmmmmmmmer​

Picture%2520147.jpg

Then i just added small bits of detail on the underside.​

Here's what i started with.​

Picture%2520134.jpg

Here's the build up of detail.​

Picture%2520155.jpg

Picture%2520158.jpg

Picture%2520159.jpg

Picture%2520163.jpg

I also put some magnets on the insides of the airlock​

Picture%2520167.jpg

Picture%2520136.jpg

Added detail on the understide 'inverted scoops'​

Picture%2520171.jpg

Story so far.​

Picture%2520173.jpg

Picture%2520170.jpg

Picture%2520172.jpg

Next i think i gotta start detailing the wing tops​

Take care​

Last edited by a moderator:

The attention to detail is mind blowing. I'd love to see a movie/short involving your model.
Top notch!

blurb... just spent the last hour and a half reading through this whole thread. dont need to tell you how awesome this likewise to you as a creative person. as far as pure inspiration i thank you for lighting the fire under my "fanny":unsure. amazing work, and a ton of neat tips and tricks (salt thing is nuts; salty nuts)
thanks for sharing this journey for all of us mere mortals to enjoy
keep up the amazing work!

Truly magnifique-Fantastic inspiration for my own project-I love the fact that you've even got Red Dwarf on the telly!

Something has been bothering me about this build from the beginning.
I prefer to be original.
I don't like using other peoples logo's and stuff.
My dad always taught me that it's easier to copy, anyone can copy, try and be oiginal. So i think i will try and make up my own company, with my own logo and colours. I originally thought that using Red Bull was original but seeing how this is turning out i would rather try and be completely original.​

What do you guys think, It sucks because I just thought up with a killer way to do the Red Bull logo in the year 3011, it just seem a bit tacky to copy Red Bull. I don't even drink the stuff.
grin.png

I would be interested to hear what you guys think?​

Gag​

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back