Scratch building ANH Vader! Progress as of 11/16

BrandtFX

Hey all!

Ive been working on scratch building most of a Vader. Heres where Ive gotten to so far!

I had the chest box block cut at Home Depot. Then while I was at work I hand sanded the block to the shape I wanted.

478c2161.jpg

I blew up some reference pics to full size and used them to draw out placements for the switches, coin slots etc.

44361da1.jpg

I then took an exacto knife and traced my placement lines so they would show up after painting. I did two coats of primer then three coats of jet black using steel wool to smooth out in between painting.

I cut out a piece of 1/4 in alluminum bar to the length of the side rods.

b63e264d.jpg

Heres a pic of how the side rod turned out.

c1286302.jpg

Ill post more pics as I go. Thanks for looking!!

-Michael

image.jpg

Started working on this again today! I made some rocker switches from styrene. Can't wait to paint and sand them!

Hi Michael:

Keep at it and post your progress- I'm building an ANH Vader myself (have you chosen a version?)

thanks guys!!

I painted the rocker switches.
image.jpg

As far as the version, do you mean like movie vs. the tour suit?

Also, does anyone know if the coin slots were resin castes or real metal ones?

Thanks!! I'm planning on building pretty much everything. I've got a set of shoulder armor and a helmet that I'm repainting. But I've toyed with the idea of making a pepakura version of both. We will see lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395281510.730096.jpg

Progress as of today. I started repainting my old helmet. I got the belt boxes in and I'm going to make a lid for them. The belt buckle is a wee bit to small but I was planning on covering it anyways. The belt it self I need to tool the lines into.

View attachment 300053

Progress as of today. I started repainting my old helmet. I got the belt boxes in and I'm going to make a lid for them. The belt buckle is a wee bit to small but I was planning on covering it anyways. The belt it self I need to tool the lines into.

Looking good so far!! What a brave project of yours!!:thumbsup
Just a little advice the belt buckle should be taller than the belt boxes, if i might! :)

Regards,

Alberto

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back