Scratch Build SD

Detailing the upper section. As it has been said this is huge so to detail it with thousands of kit parts, I have made two panels with parts from Tanks, boats and planes just to name a few.

Casting next.

IMG_2518.jpgIMG_2519.jpgIMG_2604.jpgIMG_2605.jpg

I'm sure glad Lucas didn't tell his guys to make sleek smooth space ships...can you imagine how incredible boring they'd have been? Top work Muzza, I'm impressed beyond my vocabulary! :thumbsup
Popped these out the other day.

Just a few more to go.
I will be adding greeblies to the resin pieces so the resin detailed parts will all be different.
View attachment 841216

Ok here we will start on detailing the bridge section of the SD,

Before we displayed it we through adding some greeblies on the surface to give it a bit of detail as a work in progress but without a film studio budget I have to resort to making a few doubles by casting them.

We removed all of the added parts to add the resin detail strips.

This took about 4 hours to add to the size cutting paper templates to get the right angles and size.

IMG_2623.jpgIMG_2631.jpgIMG_2630.jpgIMG_2629.jpgIMG_2628.jpgIMG_2627.jpgIMG_2626.jpgIMG_2625.jpgIMG_2624.jpgIMG_2633.jpg

Love following this amazing build and really enjoying the updates , but I gotta ask ( especially after reading posts #86 - 89 ) what have you got planned for all those X - wings , slightly showing in that last pic ?;)

Ged

Love following this amazing build and really enjoying the updates , but I gotta ask ( especially after reading posts #86 - 89 ) what have you got planned for all those X - wings , slightly showing in that last pic ?;)

Ged

Hi Ged

Good eye, I am Planing on buying all the X Wings I can find ant the toy fairs I go to, I pay around $10 buck each for them.
They are scaled around 1/18 and I am planning to Build a squadron to have flying around my theater room. so I am looking at collecting around 10-12 in total.

Now that's really going to be something! :thumbsup I'm in awe and thoroughly impressed. When my soon to be ex moves out I'm going to start planning my thought of the partial bottom of an ISD attached to the ceiling, with a super detailed main hangar and the biggest Tantive model I can get me mitts on. In spired by you my friend. probably be a while in the planning, and longer still before I begin...but how cool!
Hi Ged

Good eye, I am Planing on buying all the X Wings I can find ant the toy fairs I go to, I pay around $10 buck each for them.
They are scaled around 1/18 and I am planning to Build a squadron to have flying around my theater room. so I am looking at collecting around 10-12 in total.

Now that's really going to be something! :thumbsup I'm in awe and thoroughly impressed. When my soon to be ex moves out I'm going to start planning my thought of the partial bottom of an ISD attached to the ceiling, with a super detailed main hangar and the biggest Tantive model I can get me mitts on. In spired by you my friend. probably be a while in the planning, and longer still before I begin...but how cool!

All I can say is go for it!
Sounds great blockade runner is 41 inches I think I will have that flying around the room some where.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back