scratch-build Blade Runner Fun Blaster

Yeah, I think this is one of the coolest threads in a long time. I love it, and I really love the spirit of the work as well. To just sit down and make something FUN. Nice going... :thumbsup

"WOW." What a fantastic job. I'm totally in awe. Did you make the handgrips? Seeing they're wood, did you consider staining them? I think polished wood handgrips would look really cool.

Something I've wondered. The Styr - it has a clip? Where? Can't be the thing under the revolver barrel. Also, how long is the Styr barrel? Can't be much, 2" maybe?

Jay

To just sit down and make something FUN.

LOL, yeah, sometimes you need to do things like that for your internal balance. :p

Did you make the handgrips?  Seeing they're wood, did you consider staining them?  I think polished wood handgrips would look really cool. 

Yes, I made them out of lime-wood. I thought about polished wood grips too but decide to go with glossy black instead.

The Styr - it has a clip?  Where?  Can't be the thing under the revolver barrel.  Also, how long is the Styr barrel?  Can't be much, 2" maybe?

Indeed, it is the thing under the Revolver barrel. The Steyr clip is under the magazin casing and is still removable. I`m using it as storage chamber for the rubber bullets :lol Will post some images tomorrow....

The "Bulldog" Revolver barrel is 4.5" long - the whole pistol isn`t that small I`m afraid.

I'm curious where you aquired the styer mag and housing. It's not the same hting as the SL mag, but the housing is damn close.

And I concur, wood grips would look awesome on this piece...

Okay okay - will try to change the grip color ASAP :D

here are the promised clip images :

P3160255.jpg

P3160256.jpg

The Steyr parts are nearly identical to the correct older ones but the clip release and clip are different (correct clip release is at the trigger guard which have to cutted away for the real blaster).

Found them on a german auction site called eGun. Don`t wanna use my correct parts for that job :p

Well, I couldn't get egun to work for me. Guess I'll have to track it down the fashion way :) By calling steyr. :D

Thanks for the new pics too. Looks pretty perfect for bullet storage.

Njc-----------------

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back