Scratch build attempting to make my first predator costume

Looking good! He certaintly got a original design on the bio, I like it. o_O
Hey Thanks!

Well anyways I didn't get to finish my suit by Halloween but I got half of it done just for Halloween. I still went out with my brother with just the top part and some dark jeans and the people still liked it I got three Pictures taken and people would stop their cars in the middle of the road and pull over just to tell me that they love my costume. :D Well anyways my mom took a picture before I left but it was so blurry and dark that you can’t see anything. I was going to suit up again and take a better picture but one of my wrist blades broke off so I have to make a new one now. But here is my Armor with the top skin with the quick paint up for Halloween. I am going to redo the paint job and add more latex as well later on.
I made the skin with an old long sleeve shirt and used upholstery foam for the muscles then covered it in latex. :rolleyes:

I hope to get comments and here are a few pictures of it.
quickpaintup.jpg.gif

quickpaintup1.jpg.gif

quickpaintup2.jpg.gif

quickpaintup3.jpg.gif

quickpaintup.jpg.gif

quickpaintup1.jpg.gif

quickpaintup2.jpg.gif

quickpaintup3.jpg.gif

What did you make all the bumps on the skin of?
And nice skin btw.

Thanks CoolleKotten, I thought my tread was forgotten as it’s been sitting around with no new comments to it. :lol:
But I used these Styrofoam snow balls from a craft store. I still need to put more latex on to give it more skin like look to it and then I need to repaint it better. I hope to get it looking good soon.

Wicked suit, i'm sure it will look even better with a new paint job.

Q: What did you make your dreads out of? I've been looking for different alternatives, but wasn't sure. Are they foam?

Yeah, thanks, I was wondering on what the best way to do the dreads would be.

What would be your review. Could the foam be better? Is it prefect for its purpose?

Thanks again.

Yeah, thanks, I was wondering on what the best way to do the dreads would be.

What would be your review. Could the foam be better? Is it prefect for its purpose?

Thanks again.

I like the two part foam stuff it is lighter then latex dreads and you don't have to glue them in to your mask if you don't want to. As I didn't do it with my mask and I walked around with it all Halloween night and they never fell out and you can pull on them a bit and they still don't come out.

I would say to either make them out of two part foam or if you can't make them yourself then buy some bambooie ones or see if you can buy old ones off some one here or look on ebay.

The foam dreads are prefect for this purpose.
I like how the foam dreads look and feel and they do move like in the movie, thats my two cents on them. :p

wristbombLEDswithredcover.jpg.gif

I have been trying to find the LED Display layout that can spell words like Y and X because I think do work best, but with no such luck except here with thinkgeek.com

I was told it was just LEDs that had displayed the way it did no chips or circuitboard mods.
IMG_5066.jpg.gif

Dude that is a head full of dreads lol.

a7c5_thinkgeek_clock.jpg

IMG_5066.jpg.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

I have been trying to find the LED Display layout that can spell words like Y and X because I think do work best, but with no such luck except here with thinkgeek.com

I was told it was just LEDs that had displayed the way it did no chips or circuitboard mods.
IMG_5066.jpg.gif

Dude that is a head full of dreads lol.
? :p

IMG_5066.jpg.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm not exactly sure what you’re trying to tell me?
Are you talking about how many dreads I have in the mask or the bomb LEDs?
Well I was commenting on both subjects. I like the idea of using the digital display from a clock because you see you can make your clock using certain parts, so I was trying to find letter instead of number displays to see if I can program an actual funtioning computer instead of the whole blow up "300 city blocks" part. I was just showing you what I had found so far as parts were concerened. It looks like I'm getting close, but yet so far from getting the parts I need.

The head on the other hand I was just saying it does seem that you have a lot of dreads attached.

I hope that this clears up the confusion?

Well I was commenting on both subjects. I like the idea of using the digital display from a clock because you see you can make your clock using certain parts, so I was trying to find letter instead of number displays to see if I can program an actual funtioning computer instead of the whole blow up "300 city blocks" part. I was just showing you what I had found so far as parts were concerened. It looks like I'm getting close, but yet so far from getting the parts I need.

The head on the other hand I was just saying it does seem that you have a lot of dreads attached.

I hope that this clears up the confusion?

I see.
I only put 41 dreads but the mask has 51 dread holes in all.
I seen someone use a iphone for the wrist computer and bomb, it worked rather well but who has $400.00 to go buy a iphone to take the parts and use it like that? :)
The wrist bomb and computer has always been one of the hardest part of the costume to make.
I am trying to see if I can make motorized wrist blades that work, like I have seen in here. But I can't seem to find good reference pics to try it.

I see.
I only put 41 dreads but the mask has 51 dread holes in all.
I seen someone use a iphone for the wrist computer and bomb, it worked rather well but who has $400.00 to go buy a iphone to take the parts and use it like that? :)
The wrist bomb and computer has always been one of the hardest part of the costume to make.
I am trying to see if I can make motorized wrist blades that work, like I have seen in here. But I can't seem to find good reference pics to try it.

Yeah that is crazy smart, but insane lol. As far as the motorized wrist blades I have seen some on Youtube you might want to check out I can't remember the exact name of the video, but I know it is there though you should give that a try.

Yeah that is crazy smart, but insane lol. As far as the motorized wrist blades I have seen some on Youtube you might want to check out I can't remember the exact name of the video, but I know it is there though you should give that a try.

Yeah I seen some but they never show it dismantled.

Yeah that is true never a tutorial just a show off. Don't you hate those lol?

Yeah! They piss me off there more of a waste of time to me!
I don't care to just see it working, I want to see what parts they used and where can I get them at and how to put it together!
Most of them are just to be like “look at me I got working wrist blades” and then there stupid video is over!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back