Scratch build attempting to make my first predator costume

Emperor Chaos

Will after joining the Hunter's Lair back in February of 2007 and seeing people's costumes and talking to members and learning how to make or do things.

I will be attempting to make my first predator costume this year and after 3 years and slowly buying a few parts to make a predator costume.

I'll post up pics as I get this done, wish me luck! ;)

Thanks SEC

For dreads you'll want backer rod, cheap and effective
For armour AVP you'll want this -> AVP Armour Templates by VinMan
For skin you'll want Macgyvers tutorial or a unitard with muscles made from foam glued to it the latexed over

Getting it done by halloween might be a bit of a stretch though, good luck with it anyway and I hope you find what you need ;)

For dreads you'll want backer rod, cheap and effective
For armour AVP you'll want this -> AVP Armour Templates by VinMan
For skin you'll want Macgyvers tutorial or a unitard with muscles made from foam glued to it the latexed over

Getting it done by halloween might be a bit of a stretch though, good luck with it anyway and I hope you find what you need ;)

I have a ton of backer rod in different diameter I will sell you real cheap.
I paid over 70 for it. I will sell it for 15 plus shipping. There are a couple of tutorials here
where you can find out how to turn them into dreds easy.

Thanks guys these tutorials are great!
I think I can pull it off by Halloween I have lots of free time. ;)

update... this what I got done so far.
IMG_4920.jpg.gif

IMG_4916.jpg.gif

IMG_4921.jpg.gif

IMG_4917.jpg.gif

IMG_4918.jpg.gif

SECPredatorShoulderCannonandIconP1H.jpg.gif

SECPredatorShoulderCannonandIcon-1.jpg.gif

IMG_4920.jpg.gif

IMG_4916.jpg.gif

IMG_4921.jpg.gif

IMG_4917.jpg.gif

IMG_4918.jpg.gif

SECPredatorShoulderCannonandIconP1H.jpg.gif

SECPredatorShoulderCannonandIcon-1.jpg.gif

You can always make dreads out of cloth. Then just stuff them with cotton. It's more time consuming than backer rods but, they have a bit more movement freedom also. They also seem to hang from the mask more realistically. I've used this method and it's had great results for me.

I'm going to have to make hollow latex dreads this way will only cost me $50 dollers for all the dreads far less costly for me and I have lots of free time.

So far working on the gauntlets and wrist blades and the wrist blades were very time consuming. I only made one blades so far so I'm going to clone it when I get my plastic in.

Love the cannon! looks great!

I'm on the race too but I doubt I finish mine for halloween, not much spare time to work on it, plus, tools and material are limited were I live. (or too expensive) Don't even know were to buy Sintrax. For now I'm doing what I can with the body suit, mesh, dreadlock, all made of fabric, I'm a serger it's what I'm best at. My pain would be the armor, never done anything like that, and most armors are for boys, I'm a girl I need to come up with a more girly armor desing.

Good luck on your costume, I know I will need luck with mine.

Well here is the wrist blade. I still need to clone it but I'm still waiting for my plastic to get to my house.
wristblade.jpg.gif

I did have the bomb gauntlet working but then it stopped working so I had to scrap it and I'm starting over.

I have to sculpt the gauntlets by the way as I don't have the money right now to buy some so they're going to be of my own design.

(MachikoPR)
I'm from Puerto Rico too. I know it's way hard to find stuff there.

(predator666thepain666)
I'll only use the P1 this time as the pred spawn uses a lot of green LEDs in its color scheme and I want that costume to look way cool so I don't have the time right now to work on it.

wristblade.jpg.gif

ok I've been working on this damn wrist bomb and I just got it to light up again but I need some Tech advice on what would you guys think I can do to make this look more pred tech like? the lights are not that bright by the way.

here is the wrist bomb with a red cover on it.
wristbombLEDswithredcover.jpg.gif

and here it is with out the red cover.
wristbombLEDgreen.jpg.gif

wristbombLEDswithredcover.jpg.gif

wristbombLEDgreen.jpg.gif

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back