1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Interest Scott Pilgrim shirts

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by Risu, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Risu

Risu Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Years and years ago when the movie was new, I did several runs of shirts from Scott Pilgrim. Would anybody be interested in a new run? I can offer again:

The SP heart shirt (Smashing Pumpkins)
    CBC
    GGG
    Fantastic 4 1/2
    Clash at Demonhead tour shirt (has tour dates on the back)
    And Laamberry has also given me her screen for SARS, so I can do that one as well.

The other shirts could be considered as well, but I have no interest in them personally so I'd need to get a good number of sign-ups to make it worth while. All the ones I listed I'd do if we got to 5 shirts. So who's interested?

[​IMG]
    (Ignore the circle, that was a spot of damage when I sold off the last few shirts years ago)

[​IMG]

Oh, and lastly, these will be made from new screens, and the SP heart shirt will have more accurate distressing to the silver layer of ink, with the green showing through.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. EmmaInCandyland

EmmaInCandyland Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What would the price be?

3. Risu

Depends on the shirt. I'm remaking all the screens because the shop I used to use threw them all out, and I'm doing the printing myself this time. The number of screens and type of shirt used dictates the prices. When the actual American Apparel shirt is still available, like for the CBC and 4 1/2, the price would be higher, unless everybody decides they'd prefer the cheaper Canvas brand shirts. For the solid colors like the GGG and the Demonhead, I plan to find a cheaper shirt (not lower quality) than the AA because paying $20 for a plain black tee is absurd. Because I'm making them myself, I don't have access to the wholesale pricing a print shop would get. I'm aiming to make them all between $20-25, though. Actual AA tees would bring it up a bit higher probably. I don't have solid pricing on those just yet. If there's enough interest, I can give a solid price before taking any orders.

4. grudgehammer

grudgehammer Active Member

Definitely interested (Gideon's shirt and probably one more).

5. msleeper

msleeper Sr Member

If you can screen print on girl cut tees then I'd be interested in one of each.

6. Risu

Canvas ringers do appear to come in women's cuts now, so that should be an option.

7. Talsiri

Talsiri Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd be in for a SP heart shirt

8. Jbar

Jbar Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'll take a few xl of the clash shirts.

9. Monkey540

Monkey540 Sr Member

What about the RB Bass one, or the Sharpie one? I'm interested in some if you can do 2xl, is there a comparison for sizing?

10. ItalianNinja86

ItalianNinja86 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Definitely interested in the SP and SARS shirts and possibly the Fantastic 4 1/2

11. Risu

I think the bass shirt is definitely doable. Sharpie could be done as well if there's enough interest. Now that I'm doing them myself there are more possibilities because of the lack of minimum orders. It just means a slight price increase.

Canvas ringers tend to run a little slim and a
    bit longer in the body.

12. Risu

OK,I just talked to Laamberry, and she's also going to be providing her screens for the rock band bass, zero, and Todd's skull shirt.

13. extreme_too2

extreme_too2 Well-Known Member

I'd be in for CBC, Sharpie, and Demonhead.

14. Risu

OK, so there's definitely interest here. Everybody who has posted in this thread or expressed interest, please subscribe to the thread. I'm going to order all of the supplies to make the new screens, I expect it to take a little while for everything to arrive and for the first few of them to get off the ground, plus I'm leaving the country for a couple weeks at the end of next month and I'll be unable to work on anything while I'm gone. It will be a little while before the run actually begins, but I will post updates here as I move forward with the screens, and when the time comes I'll turn this thread into an active run.

To be clear, these are the shirts that are definitely getting made:

SP Heart
    SARS
    Fantastic 4 1/2
    Clash at Demonhead
    Bass
    Zero
    Todd's skull shirt

If at least 5 people sign up for each, I can do:

CBC
    Gideon (GGG)
    Sharpie
    Astroboy
    Any other that I can't think of at the moment.

15. extreme_too2

Any possibility of a Plumtree shirt?

16. Risu

I'm pretty sure there's always been a screen accurate version of that one available for sale elsewhere. If not though, yea I could do it.

17. extreme_too2

So, I'm going to assume this run never manifested?

18. Risu

It did not. The interest was pretty low and I've been pretty short on time. I have screens for the SP heart shirt (improved actually, new screens), so I could theoretically do some individual shirts on commission, but the price would be something like $30-35 each.

19. RhinoActual

RhinoActual Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I am interested in grabbing a few of these. Todd's shirt and clash at demon head for sure.

20. extreme_too2

I would still be in for Clash at Demonhead, CBC, and Sharpie shirts if you got them down a little in price.

21. zenix

zenix Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have a SARS shirt somewhere. Haven't seen it in ages

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

22. extreme_too2

I still wear my SP and 4 1/2 shirts on the reg.

23. Risu

The price definitely won't be coming down since I can't get the interest (and really don't have the free time for) a dedicated run. But I do have the screens for the SP Heart 2.0 and Laamberry has the screen for the SARS shirt somewhere around here. I've got a couple blank screens I can turn into some of the others, but the Clash at Demonhead is unfortunately out of the question, as that is a 4 screen shirt. Since that one is a plain black shirt though, I could maybe use Teepublic for that one. They don't have ringer tees available as options, so most of the shirts are out of the question, but that one is possible. I have an order of a couple shirts coming from them right now because I wanted to see what their quality was like. If it's good, I'll put up whatever shirts they are able to do and link to them here. (I think they might have the blue ringer, so the 4 1/2 could be done)