Scott Marshall's P1 Head Paintup

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
I thought I would share my paintup process from start to finish. It's really not that hard to paint a P1. I'm not saying its EASY, but if I can figure it out by looking at other people and how they paint, I think anyone can do it. The tricky part is the spots and getting them to look organic. Practice makes perfect

Here's the first coat of primer:
000000000.jpg.png

Skin base tone added:
00%20(1).jpg.png

Darker brown and forehead spots added:
00%20(4).jpg.png

Black spots being added:
00%20(5).jpg.png

Sealed paint with glossy sealer, added glass eyes and teeth:
00%20(6).jpg.png

Quills and dreads added:
00%20(7).jpg.png

Dread rings added, and finally finished:
0%20(3).jpg.png

Without flash:
0%20(2).jpg.png

"You talkin ta me?!"
0%20(4).jpg.png

2%20(1).jpg.png

0%20(5).jpg.png

2%20(5).jpg.png

3%20(2).jpg.png

3%20(4).jpg.png

3%20(3).jpg.png

3%20(5).jpg.png

Img_1405.jpg.png

Img_1439.jpg.png

Thanks for looking!

Ya want MORE do ya Brad?! Haha, well, here's a bit more:

I can't tell you specific colors since I mix mine and they are never the same. I use a hot glue gun to set the eyes in the sockets. Dreads are cut at almost a 45 degree angle to fall from the head without giving it an afro look.

I use an airbrush for the base coats, and then everything else is handpainted. I've tried using my airbrush for the spots, but because I can't adjust the PSI on my compressor I can't get the spots small and precise enough.

For the quills, I just use cyanoacrylate (krazy glue). Once the clear coat is on, I use a very small dab of glue on the end of the quill, put it in the hole and wait 15 seconds till it dries.

Hope that helps a bit

Ya want MORE do ya Brad?! Haha, well, here's a bit more:

I can't tell you specific colors since I mix mine and they are never the same. I use a hot glue gun to set the eyes in the sockets. Dreads are cut at almost a 45 degree angle to fall from the head without giving it an afro look.

I use an airbrush for the base coats, and then everything else is handpainted. I've tried using my airbrush for the spots, but because I can't adjust the PSI on my compressor I can't get the spots small and precise enough.

For the quills, I just use cyanoacrylate (krazy glue). Once the clear coat is on, I use a very small dab of glue on the end of the quill, put it in the hole and wait 15 seconds till it dries.

Hope that helps a bit

I read that you said you painted everything besides the base coat by hand, and for a second I thought you painted a latex head by hand....until I re-read the above thread and realized it was a resin head [I think]. Either way, great paint up!

Man!!!

You put an Awesome Paintjob on that head, add Some glass eyes and some dreds and It freakin comes to life!

To me, that sculpt captures the essence of the Predator better than any other I have seen

U make that **** look way too easy. U gotta have a steady hand to do all that. Like me, i dont. I cant even draw a stick figure without it looking like my pencil threw up on the paper!! One day ill get the skills.....but for now....i just look. Good work bro!!!

~KyLe~

Bro, Like i said on my thread before, I had a raw SM elder for months, and i didn't have the will to paint it; after i saw what you did with this P1, it re charge my batteries, and i needed to get back to work, thanks Jason.. Awesome jawdropping work you do.

C

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back