Scotchbrite pads for primer

CottonFX

Are green scotchbrite scouring pads at the grocery store the same as the green scotchbrite pads sold for paint sanding?

I usually would use 400 or 600 grit sand paper on primer to smooth it but recently heard of people using scotchbrite pads. I got some from the grocery store but it doesn't seem to affect the primer the way I expected. Was hoping someone has experience with this. Thx

I use red scotch brite pads at work all t time to scuff and smooth finishes for the next coat. Gray will also work but is a finer "grit". White is even finer and can be used for polishing. I wouldn't use green.

JFB64 is correct. Grey and red are good for primer. I attempted using green not too long ago on my clone helmet and it put deep scratches into the dome..

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

If you want a local and cheap solution, get the knockoff brand green ones from Dollar Tree or your equivalent (actual $1 store). They're more cheaply made so they are softer.

-Rog

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back