Scimitar / Sith Infiltrator Reference Help

Polygonix

I've been working on a 1/144 and 1/72 Scimitar for a while and I am just working on the final details.

I was able to have a contact of mine compare the overall shape and proportion to the original 3D model used in the Phantom Menace to confirm it is as close as is realistically possible at least on the macro scale. Unfortunately I don't have access to the model for any of the fine details so I am just using the Blu-Rays and the cross-section books for reference.

Any other reference material would be of great help. Thank you!

I have found good reference material on this ship very hard to come by. The images in the film itself only show a couple of angles with any clarity, and little else seems to exist. The best stuff I have found are images of the physical model built by ILM and used on-screen for the ship shown landed on Tatooine. Even then, some portions are poorly documented. Most of the best I found was at this link: http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=2348 -- I haven't found much else. Even with these, the focus could be better. I'd give my eye teeth to have really good photos of the exposed mechanical bays just forward of the cockpit "ball." The toys and officially-released kits seem to be on the right track there in terms of accuracy, but too over-simplified, judging by the photos at the link I sent. Said photos convince me that area should be quite a bit more layered and complex but fall short of showing it sharply enough to truly understand what I am seeing (I am in the process of trying to convert the Hasbro toy into something closer to the studio model). However, you can glean quite a bit about the model's other details from these photos, presuming you don't have them already.

SSB

Awesome, I had not seen that! Thank you so much that helps me a lot. Hopefully I should have WIP thread shortly of my progress.

Awesome, I had not seen that! Thank you so much that helps me a lot. Hopefully I should have WIP thread shortly of my progress.
Cool -- glad I could help! Looking forward to seeing your progress, as mine moves at glacial speed when it moves at all.

SSB

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back