Science Fiction Tear Jerkers that you know of?

I watched that as a kid and started crying when the robot got sucked off the ship (they are really sweet for some reason), I still can't see that scene without welling up. I didn't care about the guy blowing himself up at the time, I was just so pleased the robots didn't go with the ship. Cried again at the end when you see them drifting off watering the plants.

Also, an obscure French animated Sci-Fi film by the name "Time Masters". It' a story of a kid that gets seperated from his family by a spatial anomaly and ends up getting rescued by his future self (I think?). Worth checking out, it's quite a good film but it has some very sad moments in it.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this: The last few minutes of Battlestar Galactica. Seriously, from the moment we last see Galactica to Adama sitting on the hill alone had me crying hard.

Damn that Seymour episode. :cry

I don't know if they're tear jerkers but the one ones of Fry's family in the past where we see flashbacks always seem to get to me. It makes the character feel more real, especially the one with the lucky clover.

Believe it or not, Galaxy Quest actually makes me well up during Quellec's death scene (and Alexander delivering the line he loathes to say- only giving it his best for Quellec's sake as he dies).

"Silent Running" and Louie's death made me ball my eyes out as a child.

ST:TNG's "The Offspring" and Lal's final scene.

The end of 12 Monkey's gets to me sometimes. I think because Cole's death is inevitable; we know it is coming and there is nothing to stop it.

Kevin

Contact.

Spoiler space...cause I don't know how to make a tag.

When the alien projects itself to her in the image of her dead father. And then when she returns and no one really believes any of it actually happened to her.

Contact.

Spoiler space...cause I don't know how to make a tag.

When the alien projects itself to her in the image of her dead father. And then when she returns and no one really believes any of it actually happened to her.

Code:
 These Tags -> [  SPOILER] The message   [/  SPOILER]  Done

That is how to do that. And I did it with your original message too. And yes I had to break them up for you.

Another one for me is in Star Trek TNG when Diana Troy had a unexpected son Ian who at the end of it wound up dying. I started bawling my head off there too. I guess you can tell that I hate it when children die. :cry

BSG when Starbuck admits to Adama that she is responsible for Zak's death. Her reaction to the line "And walk out of this cabin...while you still can".

Amazing scene and acting from both Sackhoff and EJO.

Last edited:
I really only have one:

When you find out WHO it was that "knocked four times". I loved how the prophecy was built up and The Doctor bought into it. We all (or, at least my friends and I) were expecting the "knocking" to be something epic, big, universe exploding... then Wilf does a casual four knocks on the glass door and my heart sinks just about as deep as it can go.

To be honest, I didn't think much of the episode itself (in fact, I thought most of it was pretty bad), but that brief moment was so emotionally jarring.

T2. The Terminator tells John I must go away and get's lowered into the molten steel.

Robin: I've got one. "The Terminator".
Barney What's the name of the movie, Robin? Who among us did not shed a tear when his little red eye went out in the end, and he didn't get to kill all those people?
[Breaks down]
Barney: I'm sorry. I just get so emotional.
Ted: I am never watching a movie with you again.
Barney: They didn't even try to help him!

Robin: I've got one. "The Terminator".
Barney What's the name of the movie, Robin? Who among us did not shed a tear when his little red eye went out in the end, and he didn't get to kill all those people?
[Breaks down]
Barney: I'm sorry. I just get so emotional.
Ted: I am never watching a movie with you again.
Barney: They didn't even try to help him!

Hahahahah, How I Met Your Mother is great. Although I absolutely can not stand Ted Mosby.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back