Science Fiction Tear Jerkers that you know of?

My wife use to laugh at me because she had nevre seen me cry at a movie, but when the Enterprise blew up in Star Trek three I made a audible YELP!

I have such a problem regarding that self destruct. It only blew up like a third of the saucer section of the ship. If it wasn't in a gravity well at the time, it'd have just floated in space. The planet's atmosphere did more to destroy it than the ship's own self destruct mechanism. That's not a very good system if the intent is to make sure the ship can't be salvaged.

I have such a problem regarding that self destruct. It only blew up like a third of the saucer section of the ship. If it wasn't in a gravity well at the time, it'd have just floated in space. The planet's atmosphere did more to destroy it than the ship's own self destruct mechanism. That's not a very good system if the intent is to make sure the ship can't be salvaged.

But it looked SO COOL... :cool

I cannot watch an episode of Futurama (Jurassic Bark) where Fry's dog Seymour (in the past) waits for Fry to return for years until he finally dies. I am not ashamed to admit I shed a few tears. The final frame where he closes his eyes.... :(

Considering my dog had been suffering with a large cancerous mass in her lungs for 2 years..I won't be watching it any time soon either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muyj_spgCls&feature=fvwrel

From Wikpedia:

"When Fry takes Bender to a museum exhibit, he is shocked to find a fossilized dog on display, which he recognizes as his pet from the 20th century, Seymour. For three days he protests in front of the museum by dancing to "The Hustle" by Van McCoy, demanding they give him Seymour's body, which proves successful. Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth then examines Seymour's body, and concludes that, due to his unusually rapid fossilization, a DNA sample can be made to produce a clone, and it would even be possible to recreate Seymour's personality and memory.

Fry begins to prepare for the dog and Bender becomes jealous, especially when Fry refers to Seymour as "my best friend". Just when the professor is ready to clone Seymour, Bender arrives. Angry that Fry will not spend time with him, he grabs the fossil and throws it in a pit of lava, believing that destroying it will restore his friendship with Fry.

Fry is furious at Bender and extremely upset at having lost Seymour. Bender realizes how Fry could love an inferior creature and apologizes for what he did. The professor explains that the fossil may not have instantly melted, as it was made of dolomite. With this in mind, Bender, claiming to be partly made from dolomite, dives into the lava and recovers the fossil.

The professor begins the cloning process and his computer informs him that Seymour died at the age of 15, meaning he lived for twelve years after Fry was frozen. Fry has a change of heart, and aborts the cloning process, believing that Seymour must have moved on with his life, found a new owner, and forgotten about him, saying "I had Seymour until he was three. That's when I knew him, and that's when I loved him. I'll never forget him. But he forgot me a long time ago." A flashback then shows that in the years that passed after Fry left, Seymour had faithfully obeyed Fry's last command, which was to wait in front of Panucci's Pizza until he returned. Seymour stays there as the years pass and he, the pizzeria, and Mr. Panucci begin to show their age. In the final shot, Seymour lies down and closes his eyes."

Last edited:
Episode 1-3 because they where so bad .

-James

Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Most of the good ones have been mentioned... but here's two more:
In Dark Angel, end of season one when Zack says"...I have a heart for you." That freakin' kills me. Tissues necessary.
In Armageddon when Harry is about to push the button. Mega tissues necessary.

I cannot watch an episode of Futurama (Jurassic Bark) where Fry's dog Seymour (in the past) waits for Fry to return for years until he finally dies. I am not ashamed to admit I shed a few tears. The final frame where he closes his eyes.... :(

Considering my dog had been suffering with a large cancerous mass in her lungs for 2 years..I won't be watching it any time soon either.

Seymour Waits Forever - YouTube

From Wikpedia:

"When Fry takes Bender to a museum exhibit, he is shocked to find a fossilized dog on display, which he recognizes as his pet from the 20th century, Seymour. For three days he protests in front of the museum by dancing to "The Hustle" by Van McCoy, demanding they give him Seymour's body, which proves successful. Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth then examines Seymour's body, and concludes that, due to his unusually rapid fossilization, a DNA sample can be made to produce a clone, and it would even be possible to recreate Seymour's personality and memory.

Fry begins to prepare for the dog and Bender becomes jealous, especially when Fry refers to Seymour as "my best friend". Just when the professor is ready to clone Seymour, Bender arrives. Angry that Fry will not spend time with him, he grabs the fossil and throws it in a pit of lava, believing that destroying it will restore his friendship with Fry.

Fry is furious at Bender and extremely upset at having lost Seymour. Bender realizes how Fry could love an inferior creature and apologizes for what he did. The professor explains that the fossil may not have instantly melted, as it was made of dolomite. With this in mind, Bender, claiming to be partly made from dolomite, dives into the lava and recovers the fossil.

The professor begins the cloning process and his computer informs him that Seymour died at the age of 15, meaning he lived for twelve years after Fry was frozen. Fry has a change of heart, and aborts the cloning process, believing that Seymour must have moved on with his life, found a new owner, and forgotten about him, saying "I had Seymour until he was three. That's when I knew him, and that's when I loved him. I'll never forget him. But he forgot me a long time ago." A flashback then shows that in the years that passed after Fry left, Seymour had faithfully obeyed Fry's last command, which was to wait in front of Panucci's Pizza until he returned. Seymour stays there as the years pass and he, the pizzeria, and Mr. Panucci begin to show their age. In the final shot, Seymour lies down and closes his eyes."
I love that episode, soo touching and well written

The Time Travellers Wife, a few sad moments in that film. Also Tron Legacy, Kevin Flynn's and Tron's death (my two heroes :cry).

The robo-child abandonment scene in "A.I." is gut-wrenching. Maybe to a fault.

And I have to admit, I hadn't seen "E.T." in years, but I watched it recently with my kids, and the ending still kinda gets me.

The robo-child abandonment scene in "A.I." is gut-wrenching. Maybe to a fault.

And I have to admit, I hadn't seen "E.T." in years, but I watched it recently with my kids, and the ending still kinda gets me.

:facepalm yeah man, that gets me every time. Love that film :thumbsup

The scene in Predator where Swarzenegger is covered in mud and you realize the Predator can't see him at all. I kept thinking this can't be happening. He may actually kill the Predator. Sure he laughed when he set off the self destruct but you could tell it was ironic laughter. That really got to me. I cried all the way through the credits.

Doc

P.S. I agree on Jurassic Bark BTW awa many Dr Who episodes (Family of Blood especially).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back