Science Fiction Tear Jerkers that you know of?

Mauiman

Hello All!

I am wondering which episodes of what series and even a movie was a Tear Jerker even Tear reducers were in.

My starting is Stargate SG-1: Season 1 Episode 7 - Cold Lazarus
Jack O'neil gets to see an energy production of his dead son Charlie and ultimately has to be brought back to the gate as the projection was dying.

I am in tears right now as I am typing this post and I am about to start sobbing from it.

All the best!
-Alex

My girlfriend is pretty sappy with movies and we watched ROTJ a few weeks ago. She hadn't seen it since childhood and choked up at the Vader reveal scene when he dies in Luke's arms.

More recently, seeing (can't remember episode number) from season 4 of the Dr Who reboot when Donna asks Rose (not knowing who she is) to tell her mum that she put the family's car keys in the trash can as she flys away with The Doctor and then seeing Rose disappear D:

spockdeath1.jpg

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a pretty obvious one, to me.

A WHOLE BUNCH of new Dr. Who episodes have gotten me choked up thanks to good writing, good acting, and clever employment of moving music.

I think the first one that realy comes to mind for me , is E.T. , i was totaly ok and undercontrol until i looked over at my mom , she was crying because the kid behind us was crying and that was all it took for me. oh, and the back stage scenes to american idol and the x-factor, i dont watch them any more.....it's just TO DAM EMOTIONAL FOR ME! :lol:lol
im such a baby :cry

SPOILERS!!!

Not really a "cry" person but the Inner Light episode of TNG is very touching.

Rose leaving the Doctor (albeit not by her own choice) was incredibly sad and well done. Should have been her last appearance, very powerful.

Doctor Who "Turn Left" is a fantastic episode with many tearful moments. Same with almost all the deaths in Silence in the Library.

Not really sci-fi but the death of Atreyu’s horse and the Rock man bemoaning his "big strong hands" in The Neverending Story are both tear jerkers.

The end of Bicentenial Man where Andrew and Portia die. Also, in the middle, when Little Miss passes away in the hospital.

We cried like little girls at the end of 'Where the Red Fern Grows'. The part where the father takes his plasma rifle out back to put down the families pet Kraken.........:cry

Several episodes of RDM's Battlestar get me. Adama's reaction to Starbuck dying is a biggie. EJO really brought it on that show, imo... the scene where he is sitting on the floor weeping uncontrollably with Lee holding him and trying to console him... :cry

I actauly got chocked up a bit at the end of ROTS when Obi wan says to Anakin "You were my Brother!"

ET always does it for me.

Rose Tyler and the Doctor when they are on either side of the wall/void the music is amazing aswell. And later in that episode when the doctor is about to say he loves Rose and then you see him standing alone in the Tardis.

The girl who waited episode of Doctor Who where Amy grows old.

Armageddon

Dr Who's Van Gough episode ending.

Yup, gets me every time. A lot of DR Who episodes get me choked up, just great writing and acting.

Another was Crichton dying in Farscape (well, the copy, maybe?)

and when Bud was saying goodbye in "The Abyss" after doing that crazy decent to the bottom, knowing he went on a suicide mission to save them. Even in a movie, that kind of selfless act of bravery gets me.

+1 to the Spock/Kirk scene

Star Trek TNG:
- when Picard is given the flute. I think the episode is Inner Light.
- Generations when he's talking about his brother and nephew being burned

My wife used to laugh at me because she had nevre seen me cry at a movie, but when the Enterprise blew up in Star Trek three I made a audible YELP!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back