Sci-Fi modeling on Elegoo Mars -- Community support/tips

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TazMan2000

Master Member
Butterfingers me, dropped by print plate into my Elegoo Mars vat. You can't get the tempered glass as a part though, and so I had to get the LCD assembly. It's not a very expensive part, $39.99 on Amazon.ca. So I get prepared to replace the LCD, and take off the vat, where I noticed I have a lot of cured resin stuck to the glass. I guess I must have punctured the FEP film. I start scraping that off and notice that I only hit the outside of the LCD, where it does not light. The build plate hit the edge and shattered a bit of the glass, surprisingly a small area considering it's tempered glass. I put a piece of tape over it so it won't damage another FEP.

It still works. How cool is that? I guess I'll save the LCD for another occasion.

TazMan2000

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

akumazeto

8339AF93-FC5C-4B5C-9874-89EA6818FC5F.jpeg
F0A45F2B-BE33-4E50-B887-86D61F43DD28.jpeg