Scar predator bio Keychain sculpt (pic heavy)

Kyra Da Psycho

Alright, I decided to try my hand at making a bio mask, but I dont have much clay at all.
So? I decided to try making a small keychain of Scar's bio mask, seeing as he is one of my favorite preds, and his bio is pretty simple.

Compared to some work Ive seen on the lair, my bio mask is very crappy XD but bear with me, its my first try at a bio and Im pretty happy with it.
I also dont have any special tools to use other than my fingers and nails.

(Please dont mind if the pics have bad quality, I used my grandmas phone to take them)

Scarbiokeychainsculpt1.jpg

ScarbiosculptFRONT.jpg

ScarbiosculptSIDE.jpg

ScarBiosculptsizecomparison.jpg

ScarBiocloseup.jpg

Scarbiosculptfrontangled.jpg

Scarbiozoomedout.jpg

I am currently stuck, I cant figure out what to do haha! I would like to make a mold of this keychain, but Im not sure what to do.
I would like to put a loop through the back of the bio mask, where it will hang by on the keychain. But I have no clue weather or not to put it in before or after making a mold. Any tips or ideas? I still havnt baked the clay yet, I would like to fix up some details first
(I dont quite like the area around the eyes)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it! Maybe you should add the piece after you mold it. Here's a vid I found on youtube that should help you with the molding process. (Not my vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ_qwuxUrjw
Smooth that cast out and indent the eyes a bit, and you could sell them on here for necklaces and key chains. I'd take a key chain!

Thanks for the link! And depending on the price for making the mold and painting them, I would like to make these pretty cheap. Maybe around $10 or so. The clay itself is $5 for a container. Never thought of the necklace, very good idea!

Not to sway you away from sculpting these, but I think to save you time you could also get a Kenner Predator Action Figure. Dremel off the the inserts and just use this bio as a keychain just a thought.
GEDC0163.jpg
GEDC0169.jpg
GEDC0172.jpg
GEDC0173.jpg

Not to sway you away from sculpting these, but I think to save you time you could also get a Kenner Predator Action Figure. Dremel off the the inserts and just use this bio as a keychain just a thought.
GEDC0163.jpg
GEDC0169.jpg
GEDC0172.jpg
GEDC0173.jpg

Thats true, but then Id be makng money off of others work lol. Plus I wanna get some sculpting practice in for making more pred stuff. Thats a very nice mask though.

Thats true, but then Id be makng money off of others work lol. Plus I wanna get some sculpting practice in for making more pred stuff. Thats a very nice mask though.
The money part I understand I don't want you labeled as a recaster or anything I don't know normally if I see something that can be modded to be something else enitrely or made for other uses I always try it out. Practice on the other hand is always a good thing keep up the good work.

Alright, Im stumped haha, I want to work on the bio but Im afraid of screwing it up. Right now the back of it is completely solid, Im not sure if I should leave it that way or hollow it out to be more like a bio mask. Im not sure if that would make it more fragile, but it will be more accurate. I will likely hollow out the eyes, but I may have to change the back as well. Opinions?

I like it! Maybe you should add the piece after you mold it. Here's a vid I found on youtube that should help you with the molding process. (Not my vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ_qwuxUrjw
Smooth that cast out and indent the eyes a bit, and you could sell them on here for necklaces and key chains. I'd take a key chain!
I like the idea of a neckalace, I made a cardboard Wolf bio neckalace it still needs paint but I think it looks good now I can't even imagine it being made of clay like yours. I also think it would be cool if you put like a xenomorphs face on the back of the mask.

Alright, Im stumped haha, I want to work on the bio but Im afraid of screwing it up. Right now the back of it is completely solid, Im not sure if I should leave it that way or hollow it out to be more like a bio mask. Im not sure if that would make it more fragile, but it will be more accurate. I will likely hollow out the eyes, but I may have to change the back as well. Opinions?
If you are afraid of it being fragile then just carve some dreads in the back and make it a whole head as oppose to a bio ;)

it looks pretty good so far but it still needs work sculpting is pretty tricky at times hang in there though and dont give up try sanding it down afterwards remember practice makes the master. ;)

[quote name='Bo'Skarr' post='307755' date='Aug 7 2011, 12:27 AM']I agree with Gwan-thei that would look awesome[/quote]

Hmmn... I may wind up doing that then, only thing is what should I do with the eyes? Already hollowed one out XD maybe I could just redo it and fill t in with clay again.

Updates!!

predheadkeychainsculpt2.jpg

predheadkeychainsculpt3.jpg

Predheadkeychainsculpt.jpg

predheadkeychainsculpt4.jpg

predheadkeychainsculpt5.jpg

Will be adding more pics soon! Please, give me your opinion on the sculpt so far! Im thinking Im nearly finished, but before I bake the sculpt I would like to know if you guys see anything needing to be fixed (Im still touching up some parts)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok kyra, i want some of those, r u gonna sell them? if so , consider me for a few, 3or 4 ok they look awesome , bet finish they gonna look even better, great job !!! let me know :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back