scar bio and custom bio paint jobs

wolverinepred

View attachment 12935View attachment 12934 hey guys
just finished these two bios and thought you guys might want to look at them. i got them last week and they had been undercoated black and had had some silver drybrushed onto them. frankly they were nor up to scratch. so after reading predatrhunters excellent tut on bio painting i decided to give my two a good going over( oo eerr nudge nudge wink wink!)
i dug out my old citadel and tamiya paints and selected boltgun metal mithral silver tamiya black and tin bitz. then got to work with the sponge patiently building up the layers
once it was all done i pianted in the shaded areas with a fine brush and hey ho they were done.
the blood form the custom bio is done with citadel scorpion green (which is a very close match to predator blood.) the bio itself is not really suitable for wearing so i wanted something a little different on it and decided to go for a trophy look. (i hunted him down myself i said to the mother in law) i first sponged around the eye socket with a small amount of scorpion green and then added the run lines using watered down paint. i waited for it to dry then loaded the brush and flicked paint around the socket. finally i loaded the brush again and layered it on thick at the base of the lense to make it look congealed.
i hope the photos are good enough to pick out the details if not i apologise.
any whoos hope you like them and please forgive me if you dont they are my first attempt at bios!

043__640x480_.JPG

047__640x480_.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work! The second bio is definitely a very interesting design. Glad to know I'm not the only one using Citadel paints. :D

Charlie

Looks like it is going to be tough to come up with an Alien hunter design everyone is pushing out some great bios especially yours. A very cool custom and paint job.

Hey Wolvy

Nice Paint idea with the neon green blood!

I got a Q. I also Use Tamiya paints and I got some stuck and almost dried in my airbrush bottles. DO you know what dissolves them?
At this point I'm ready to chuck them out which is a waste :lol:

Hey Wolvy

Nice Paint idea with the neon green blood!

I got a Q. I also Use Tamiya paints and I got some stuck and almost dried in my airbrush bottles. DO you know what dissolves them?
At this point I'm ready to chuck them out which is a waste :lol:

hi i have never used tamiya in airbrushes (the bios were hand painted) but tamiya do a thinner that i use to water them down with. try pouring some into the bottles and leaving to soak overnight it might break them down enough to clean them. if not then i am at a loss to help!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back