Scan of the Luke, Obi & Vader saber drawings from Fantastic Films magazine 1977?

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone have a scan of the drawings of Luke's, Obi-Wan's and Vader's lightsabers from Fantastic Films magazine 1977? I know I do have it on a CD somewhere but I can't find it!

If you have it, please post it :)

Not sure. I only remember that image of the three lightsabers. The article went on to say something about Vader's being black signifying the dark side and Luke's being silver meaning... err... I can't remember... innocence or something!?!?

I have what was in weapons of starwars mag if those are the same thing.

If you can find it that would be great. I've been through my old CDs of reference images and couldn't find it. Probably lost it when some older CD-ROMs went bad.

If it'll jog someone's memory, here are machined re-creations of the lightsabers depicted in the (rather poor) artist's renderings of the original lightsabers. Being fair to the artist I bet he only had a few crappy press stills to go from.

ffsabers1.jpg

I have it somewhere but God only knows where. I'll see what I can come up with.

No, I mean I also have the McQuarie design that's on the Fantastic Films page. I have all four. Some of the earliest prop replicas I collected!

Really cool to see these interpretations, thanks for sharing! interesting that the concepts were like flashlights

I love that the write up tells you "Luke's light sabre, actually an augmented GRAFLEX flash gun".

The components were laid out way back then. lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back