Say Hello To My Little Friend!

BlindSquirrel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I started to build a 1:6 Screamin' (brand) Stormtrooper model I had sitting in my closet these many years. At first glance, it looked great but as I started to research the real thing I noticed how INACCURATE it was.

Despite the glaring problems with the Stormtrooper himself, the blaster was not only too big but only resembled the blaster we know and love. I decide to build a new blaster from scratch. The blaster pictured is based on the templates from the Blaster Builders Club and was as accurate as I could make it (at that size). The trigger and trigger guard cannot be put on until it is put in the hand of the 'Trooper.

54Final.jpg

52Final.jpg

53Final.jpg

Here is the "blaster" that was supplied with the kit. Besides the crap casting, the missing details (sights, etc) was supplied from a CARDBOARD sheet.

My blaster was constructed from brass and aluminum tubing and styrene.

55FinalVSoriginal.jpg

Once I finish the entire kit, I will post photos in another thread. Its modification to bring it up to spec is quite the tale.

Absolutely awesome.

Will you be able to cast those parts for us to conver from this "1/6 RMC BRITISH 70s -80s INFANTRY WEAPON STERLING L2A3" ?? :D

Originally posted by BlindSquirrel@Jan 16 2006, 10:35 AM
Well crap. That would've saved a ton of time.  :confused

Note to self: check for replicas BEFORE building.
[snapback]1160387[/snapback]​

Yes, it would have saved you time, but your's is better. Plus there is value in the pride that comes with buuilding it yourself.

Excellent job. Most impressive.

Originally posted by Treadwell@Jan 16 2006, 04:50 PM
Wow, that's great work. You sure you didn't make a giant hand and penny instead? :)
[snapback]1160423[/snapback]​

:lol

With the amazing amount of detail he has in the blaster, I'd think that making a big hand and a replica penny would be easier..

Originally posted by BlindSquirrel@Jan 16 2006, 03:35 PM
Well crap. That would've saved a ton of time.  :confused

Note to self: check for replicas BEFORE building.
[snapback]1160387[/snapback]​

Hey, didn't intend to put yours down or anything.

Your's looks amazing. I came accross the replicas on accident while looking for the full size deal. Just thought I would share the info.

I have scratch built weapons for some of my 1/6th scale figures and can appreciate your great work.

Later,

Chris

Dude, that is some impressive work. Any way to put up a 'retroactive' tutorial for that thing? If you ever have some spare time.

Eric

Is that the 1/6 Scale trooper or the 1/4 scale trooper? Unless you have some really small hands that looks like the 1/4 scale version...

Of course that makes not a lick of difference in that it is an AWESOME scratchbuild job...

-Gary

Originally posted by gw2tulsa@Jan 19 2006, 07:40 AM
Is that the 1/6 Scale trooper or the 1/4 scale trooper? Unless you have some really small hands that looks like the 1/4 scale version...

Of course that makes not a lick of difference in that it is an AWESOME scratchbuild job...

-Gary
[snapback]1162805[/snapback]​

You're right...it must be 1/4 scale as he stands about 18" tall with knees bent.

Originally posted by superjedi@Jan 19 2006, 04:06 AM
Dude, that is some impressive work.  Any way to put up a 'retroactive' tutorial for that thing?  If you ever have some spare time.

Eric
[snapback]1162727[/snapback]​

Thanks. I did take some pictures and plan to post them on my blog as part of the entire kit buildup.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back