Saw Tape Recorder

KMG79

So I just purchased a Panasonic RN305 off of eBay.
DB2A7435-0E8B-4F9E-99EC-CBC969903177.jpeg
I want to dr this and tape up just right to match the on screen versions as close as possible. Looking at screenshots from part 1, the tape covering the Panasonic logo, almost looks goldish in color.
B97A16C0-E511-4127-B03A-F95F9CD72126.jpeg

Can anyone verify the color or the correct type of tape to use to cover this up. I also read, in some of the sequels the model number was taped over too. But again in the screenshot from part 1, it doesn’t seem to be. One last question, if you were to make a tape of one of one of jigsaws recordings, which one would you guys go with? Hoping to get this done, get it signed by Tobin Bell, and put it in a shadow box similar to this.
1622952045976.jpeg

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I would suggest disassembling the recorder and simply relocating the mic prior to drilling it out to accept the cord. Also worth noting that the file quality will really be leaving much to be desired if recorded with this player. May be worth looking into getting one of the RN 304 models as they have a microphone line in jack so it could be recorded directly from the source audio.

I had gotten a recorder with a message on it from the man himself. I ended up using the display photo here as a go-by, and added to it a bit…i actually fitted a button to the bottom and used an audio chip I found on Amazon, so you can hear the recording whenever you want. All told it cost about $50 to diy the box, poster, decal and sound portion of it, and imo, it’s a super unique piece to display.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back