Savi’s Workshop sabers - worth the $199?

squirk

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a work trip scheduled in Orlando the first full week of January, and was thinking about visiting Savi’s Workshop. However, it sounds like there’s no “window-shopping;” in order to get in, you have to pony up the $199 to build a saber.

I know this is a subjective question, but for those who have been to Savi’s:

I realize that you are paying for the experience as well as the saber itself, but even with that in mind, is it worth the $199, especially given the (high) quality of sabers we have access to via this board?

Please and thank you,

I definitely enjoyed the heck out of it. Yeah, it’s a cheesy thing to do, and the saber is not the best but is not the worst but it’s mine and I made it.....and managed to get it home on the plane undamaged, which was the biggest risk.

BBEB96CA-6DA9-4AFB-AE7C-9665E8D1F1EB.jpeg

I think it was worth it in my opinion. I'm not even all that big into sabers and such but it was a unique experience to do. I felt considering how much they could charge for such a thing, it's not that bad. While the internal chassis is mostly plastic, the actual outer body pieces are mostly (if not, all) made of metal. Doesn't feel "cheap" to me, not anymore than a Hasbro/black series saber.

As for "window shopping," when I did it last week, when you go check in before you go into it all, they gave us a sheet that had images of the available saber parts grouped into each class, so you could actually see what pieces you wanted. The thing is that you have to decide which saber class/style you wanted and they give you a pin (you keep) that denotes your choice that the workers inside the experience use so they bring you the parts you've requested to build from. So it's not really "blind" shopping. And then you get to choose your kyber crystal and they give you a pretty nice saber carrying bag on top of it.

I mean it's money, but if you're a saber guy and into that side of the star wars fandom, I'd think it would be worth it.

In my opinion the whole building experience comes off as gimmicky. BUT if you decide to go do it for the experience alone and not for the saber.

The designs I have seen look like garbage imo. They are oversized with no flow in their designs. They look like giant pipes of scrap metal screwed onto a plastic core.

AND the sound boards frm Disney is garbage. I know since I owned a Legacy Mace saber. Timing and reaction was very poor and dimmer then a Force FX Lightsaber. You can get a custom built lightsaber from the community that would outshine the Disney savers for around the same price.

You can definitely get more bang for your buck in terms of saber outside of Savi’s.

But man, the build process itself is like a Star Wars religious experience. Would definitely recommend. And having a “canon” custom saber design to myself is so much fun. Myself and 3 friends have done it - two Peace and Justice builds, one Elemental Nature build and one Power and Control build. Walking around the park with the saber afterwards is tons of fun - and makes for great photo ops.

Here are some pics. Mine is the Peace and Justice with Luke ROTJ style emitter.

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

I definitely think that it's worth the price. You'd be hard-pressed to find a custom lightsaber that you don't have to completely build yourself, including electronics and blade, for $200. Are the Savi sabers the most amazing in quality? No, maybe not, but they're pretty good for what they are, and I think that they look very nice. The experience itself is a lot of fun, and building your own metal lightsaber is a great experience as well. I'm definitely going to try to go to Savi's whenever I go to a Disney park. I built a nature saber, complete with a rancor tooth pommel, and I love the heck out of it.

Plus you get a neat pin. :p

I am actually very interested/excited to build a Savi's lightsabre. The experience looks fun, and one to remember, and my will be the right age.

The designs look very good and thought out, with a good range of classic looking to KOTOR-like style. Yes they look like scrap metal ..... and that is exactly the point... this scrap metal look works better for the sith/jedi OT like sabres, than the nature/KOTOR styles... these look great too. I think the price point is good for what you get.. metal parts, chassis, crystal. All of has extended play for kids as they can rebuild or fix or flip pieces for a "new" look. I would prefer a metal tread on the chassis ... but what are you gonna do...

The only issue I've heard is that the pieces don't always align properly so the designs don't always line up.

Overall fun experience and good quality sabre, based on an existing sound light system... and the blade is removable.

I really found the whole experience worth it. I have built my own sabers, and have bought canon and non canon throughout the years, but I still had to do this for the experience. It's not the nicest of sabers that I own, but it is fairly unique in the use of colored crystals to change the sound font/color of the blade. Plus those crystals can be used in a holocron. As an added bonus, Disney/EA has included some of the these sabers in the Fallen Order video game so you can actually built the saber used in the game IRL. You can also get the coupler (third party) that will join two sabers together to make the double saber if one chooses to.

I think it’s a pretty good deal.

If you consider everything. Let’s assign some values. Let’s say the crystal which you can use in a holocron or display worth $20. Let’s say the pin you get is worth $15 (which is about standard for a Disney pin). The blade which is bit shorter than the blade you can in the shop but still works in the legacy saber, let’s call that $30. And the case which isn’t too bad but not as good as the one for sale in the shop, let’s say put that at a modest $10. That puts the electronic hilt with light and sound capabilities at $125 plus the experience. So if anyone says that’s not worth it, ask them to sell you one of their FX lightsaber hilts from their collection for $125.

The other thing, where does it say in canon what size a hilt must be? So oversized it a subjective term. But if that’s an issue, just build that Nature and elemental version, add some of the faux wood parts and consider it lightsaber belonging to a Wookiee.

Just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Someone in the Galaxy's Edge merch thread stated that the parts you get in Savvi's workshop also appear as optional saber parts in the new Fallen Order game, but I haven't confirmed that myself

Hello, I can confirm that Savi’s Sabers are in Fallen Order, well at least 3 of them are. With all parts options. Power and Control, Peace and Justice, and Elemental Nature are in there. Funny thing, I have a Protection and Defense, which isn’t in the game.

If you consider everything. Let’s assign some values. Let’s say the crystal which you can use in a holocron or display worth $20. Let’s say the pin you get is worth $15 (which is about standard for a Disney pin). The blade which is bit shorter than the blade you can in the shop but still works in the legacy saber, let’s call that $30. And the case which isn’t too bad but not as good as the one for sale in the shop, let’s say put that at a modest $10. That puts the electronic hilt with light and sound capabilities at $125 plus the experience. So anyone if anyone says that’s not worth it, ask them to sell you one of their FX lightsaber hilts from their collection for $125.

The other thing, where does it say in canon what size a hilt must be? So oversized it a subjective term. But if that’s an issue, just build that Nature and elemental version, add some of the faux wood parts and consider it lightsaber belonging to a Wookiee.

Just my humble opinion.
Such a great break down... totally agree

I would recommend looking at the available parts for the lightsabers. If you see a design you really love, by all means do it. The experience seems cool from what I've seen.

Someone in the Galaxy's Edge merch thread stated that the parts you get in Savvi's workshop also appear as optional saber parts in the new Fallen Order game, but I haven't confirmed that myself
Yup. That was me. :) I'm not sure if all of the workshop parts are in Fallen Order, but a good handful of them are. I have a few parts on my GE saber that are identical to some of saber parts in Fallen Order.

If you consider everything. Let’s assign some values. Let’s say the crystal which you can use in a holocron or display worth $20. Let’s say the pin you get is worth $15 (which is about standard for a Disney pin). The blade which is bit shorter than the blade you can in the shop but still works in the legacy saber, let’s call that $30. And the case which isn’t too bad but not as good as the one for sale in the shop, let’s say put that at a modest $10. That puts the electronic hilt with light and sound capabilities at $125 plus the experience. So anyone if anyone says that’s not worth it, ask them to sell you one of their FX lightsaber hilts from their collection for $125.

Just my humble opinion.
The shop next to Savi's sells separate blades for the lightsabers? Huh, I didn't know that.

The blade you get from Savi’s is 31“ - good middle of the road size that can work for anybody.

You can buy 36” or 26” blades from Dok Ondar’s for $50 or $40 respectively.

The blade you get from Savi’s is 31“ - good middle of the road size that can work for anybody.

You can buy 36” or 26” blades from Dok Ondar’s for $50 or $40 respectively.

Is the 31" blade at Savi's included in the $199 price? Wondering if there's a way to opt out of the 31" and pay the price differential to get the 36"?

Is the 31" blade at Savi's included in the $199 price? Wondering if there's a way to opt out of the 31" and pay the price differential to get the 36"?

The 31” blade is indeed included in the price and there is no way to upgrade to the 36”.

However, 31” blades are in decent demand since they are only available through Savi’s and the consensus seems to be that they work best for double bladed sabers. You could probably trade a 31” blade for a 36” on the Galaxy’s Edge discord trading post. Swgediscord.com

I definitely think that it's worth the price. You'd be hard-pressed to find a custom lightsaber that you don't have to completely build yourself, including electronics and blade, for $200.

That's a pretty false statement. You may not get the most advanced feature filled lightsaber for $200 but there are fully finished customs that range from $200-$300. Heck Ultimate Works offers a basic neopixel install for under $300. Which is far superior to Disney's electronics.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back