Savage Saber 3d print

TerranCmdr

That looks like it lines up really well! If I may offer critique, I think your cutouts on the pommel could be larger, as well as the spherical indents.

I've got mine scaled to 11.3" overall so we'll see how it feels when I get it printed.

Godspeed

That looks like it lines up really well! If I may offer critique, I think your cutouts on the pommel could be larger, as well as the spherical indents.

I've got mine scaled to 11.3" overall so we'll see how it feels when I get it printed.
I'll take a second look at it! I think, after looking at yours as well, I didnt have those slots cutting all the way through. I mirrored how the slots in the emmitter were cut. Gotta revisit the vid and see what Adam did.

TerranCmdr

I've got a few reference images if they're helpful!
5.JPG 4.JPG 15.JPG 21.JPG

TerranCmdr

Quick update, I made the Graflex button and mount. I got the measurements from here and visuals from here. Apparently the originals have 53 knurls so that's what I used. The mount was deceptively challenging as it's not just a simple shape that's bent. The threads need to stay usable so the shape sort of bulges out from the button. Pretty happy with this. Only things left are the crystal and the engraving! I should be able to get the handle on the printer this weekend.

saber_wip6.JPG

TerranCmdr

Alrighty, calling the base modeling done! I still will likely have some tweaks to do once I finish all the test prints which I'll be completing hopefully throughout the week. Once I'm happy with the files I'll be uploading them for anyone else who would like their own replica Savage Saber!

saber_wip9.JPG

saber_wip10.JPG

saber_wip11.JPG

saber_wip12.JPG

saber_wip14.JPG

I added a spot for an LED in the crystal by the way and I've got some blue transparent resin in the mail. Excited to see how it looks!

saber_wip8.JPG

Godspeed

Thanks! How are your prints coming along?
IMG_3762.jpg

It came out great! a little warping on some of the edges cause im using some new resin that isnt dialed in, but otherwise the parts were good. Just smashing it together really quickly to get it out of the way-- have too many projects going on at the moment and this one is drawing the short stick.

I ended up being very happy with the size of the grip after all-- feels great in the hand, and the heft that resin gives prints vs filaments feels great with that huge pommel piece.

Some updates have been made to the pommel to properly account for the channel that is in there, and the slots go all the way through in those final files, but I had already started printing this before then. Still have a few greeblies left to print.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.