SASXHA's Star Wars Tie Pilot, Jango Fett & R2-D2 (not 100% screen accurate)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by sasxha, Jan 1, 2012.

1. sasxha

sasxha New Member

Hello!
    I'm from Germany and I'm reading in this Forum for about 2 years now.
    My English is not the best (that's why I haven't post before), but I hope you understand everything...
    I live in a small village and I think my brother and me are the only Star Wars freaks, who have Costumes, in this area. So I've been so happy when I found this Website some years ago. It shows me: We are not the only "freaks" out there!

Now I want to show you some of my Star Wars Costume buildings. The costumes are not 100% screen accurate, but I want to build them as cheap as possible:

Back in 2004 I've bought a cheap Rubies Jango Fett costume. But after I saw it in real, I re-sell it very quick. Then I decide to buy a Rubies Jango helmet and make a costume by my own. The most parts of my costumes are made out of plastic, hot glue, papmache and things I found at home. In the time I was building the Jango, I've bought a Tie-Pilot helmet and so I've build 2 costumes at the same time. In both helmets I've build a voice changer and a speaker. Although I cut out the nose of the Tie-Pilot helmet and the back of the Jango helmet to build in some metall grid. Also I add some details on the helmet, like the ears of the pilot helmet and the black strpes on the Jango helmet. But one thing I still have to change: Jango's pouches! They are from the cheap (and ugly) Rubies Costume and they're a little bit too small.

These costumes are not good enough for the 501st, but they are looking very nice in the staircase in front of my HomeCinema. I hope you like them too.

Now here are some Pictures:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  2. sasxha

sasxha New Member

One year later I decided to build a R2-unit. The droid is mostly build out of wood. Most details I've made out of plastic and the dome is made out of a rubber jumpball with expanding foam inside. In the head and the body I've build some LED's and there is a laser-sensor with a soundboard inside, so my R2-D2 can make sounds if you walk up the stairs through the sensor.

Greetings from Germany/Mosel
    Sascha

3. Cbstudios

Cbstudios Active Member

That Jango looks Awesome, and R2 Actually looks pretty * accurate :D

Very Impressive :D

4. sasxha

sasxha New Member

Thanks!
    It takes very much time to figure out all details on R2. Same with the jetpack, the Jango gauntlets and the pilots chest-box. In 2004/2005 I only had the DVD's to make some screenshots and I've searched the web for weeks to find some good pictures with special perspectives of these characters.

I've created 2 pairs of Jangos gauntlets and knee armors, because after I'd made the first ones, I found some better and more detailed pictures and so I've decided to make new ones...

Final Gauntlets and Knee Armor:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  5. JediJayne

JediJayne Well-Known Member

That stuff looks great! The R2 is amazing, thanks for showing it!

6. omel

omel Well-Known Member

wow great artoo....