Saruman returns.

Is Saruman actually mentioned in The Hobbit? I read it so long ago I can't remember.

No, but he's mentioned in the appendices of LotR during the same time frame. PJ is pulling from both books to give a well-rounded look to what was going on with Gandalf all those times he disappeared during The Hobbit.

Plus he felt bad about not putting Lee in the Theatrical edition of Return of the king, so he is making up for that blunder.

I read the hobbit but never the extra material... What is Gandalf doing when he leaves the hobbits. It's seems so odd in the book.

He and Aragorn go off on an epic Gollum-quest. No really, that's what they do. Young Aragorn would apparently rather spend literally years in the wilds hanging around with some smelly old guy in a baggy robe than romance that hot elf chick who seemed so very interested back at the Last Homely House, so called because it's so very very comfortable, and there's nothing after it but thousands of square miles of Wilderland.

Hmmm, I think that Very Secret Diaries writer may have been on to something. :lol

Perhaps, but also consider that Elrond is pretty old and set in his ways, and wouldn't want his daughter dating one of those N-words. (Numenoreans.)

:)

He and Aragorn go off on an epic Gollum-quest. No really, that's what they do. Young Aragorn would apparently rather spend literally years in the wilds hanging around with some smelly old guy in a baggy robe than romance that hot elf chick who seemed so very interested back at the Last Homely House, so called because it's so very very comfortable, and there's nothing after it but thousands of square miles of Wilderland.

Hmmm, I think that Very Secret Diaries writer may have been on to something. :lol
I'm pretty sure that's actually after the hobbit and before LOTR. While Gandalf is away in the Hobbit he's dealing with the necromancer in the south of mirkwood (and or stuff leading up to and including that)

The Hobbit is going to be amazing. Saruman is one of my favorite characters -so I'm stoked. I'm glad Lee came out of retirement to join this movie.

I'm pretty sure that's actually after the hobbit and before LOTR.

So is (some/all? of) the (second) movie.

While Gandalf is away in the Hobbit he's dealing with the necromancer in the south of mirkwood (and or stuff leading up to and including that)

We get that stuff too! There's some Dol Guldur footage in the trailer. Can't wait.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back