SAO 2 Death gun and Kirito finished

Scotimus

Long time lurker, first time poster, but this build was a lot of fun so I wanted to share. My wife and I made up Death Gun and Kirito costumes from Sword Art Online 2 to do a few cons together, it started at a Halloween project and ended up being one of our favorite and most successful builds together. Our first big con with these costumes was Indiana Comic Con.

Death Gun's mask is a mix of foam and pepakura/fiberglass, the eyes glowed using some dollar store LED bracelets. Kirito's chest plate is foam, and we opted to go with a more feminine chest plate for obvious reasons.
The guns (the black star "the death gun" and the FN five seven) were both scratch built from foam with a core of sintra for the trigger guard, I left the triggers out on purpose. My wife's favorite though, was definitely the glowing photon sword (Kagemitsu G4) which was a PVC pipe with some foam for details on the hilt, with plexiglass for the blade. The blade is lit up with an LED flashlight hidden inside the hilt.
death%20gun%20and%20kirito%20finished_zpsyphdorx7.jpg
d6e31723-c681-415f-a55f-4788f8517293_zpsiggvr8dq.jpg

FN%20five%20seven%20WIP_zpsscqs8jyf.jpg
223bc560-ee9a-4bff-8e61-37884b19079b_zpsito7tte2.jpg
finished%20kagemune%20photon%20sword_zpstcpvnrfo.jpg

Very nice cosplays. The local comic expo here doesn't allow pistols, so I feel like it's a waste of my time to do a good job on mine. The anime convention on the other hand, does allow pistols. You did an excellent job on yours though. I just took a screenshot of the FN57, mirrored it and glued them together in a foam/paper sandwich.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back