Santa Show off.... Lets see your Santa suit

runnriottt

Just getting started on Saint Nick, and wanted to see what you all have. This is my trial year and its a blast! I ma looking into a far more pro set up.

PLus any tips and things to avoid as Santa would be great to add in the thread.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

Vermithrax 4

Here's mine. Made it myself out of red velvet and faux fur. The design is more European Father Christmas than American Santa Claus and was based on a 3' tall decorative display figure that my wife inherited from her grandmother. The inner robe is a gold & red marble-ized fabric overlaid with gold netting and trimmed at the bottom with gold curtain tassels. I get to play Santa tonight for my cousin's children, in fact.

Nobby

Sr Member
Here's mine. Made it myself out of red velvet and faux fur. The design is more European Father Christmas than American Santa Claus and was based on a 3' tall decorative display figure that my wife inherited from her grandmother. The inner robe is a gold & red marble-ized fabric overlaid with gold netting and trimmed at the bottom with gold curtain tassels. I get to play Santa tonight for my cousin's children, in fact.

OMG, that's awesome!! :eek

MooCriket

Master Member
Awesome suits. For a brief instant, I thought you had a holster attached to your belt, runriott...LOL. Wonder what that says about me.

runnriottt

LOVE that beard! Is that Yak hair? Fantastic. Great looking suit!

Awesome suits. For a brief instant, I thought you had a holster attached to your belt, runriott...LOL. Wonder what that says about me.
Yea... Cheap belt. I had to tape it flat. Didn't have it done in that shot. I have to post up some Santa Vader shots... LOL

Beaker

Here is me... do it every year... next year I am thinking about doing prosthetic pieces, sculpting in Dragon Skin and hand punching the beard... this is a beard that is laced and glued to my face... the mustache is hand laid...

Vermithrax 4

Oh, if only my beard WAS yak hair!!! Actually, it's totally synthetic, I got it from a local costume shop, it was the best quality beard that they had. I'd love to get a custom made, ventilated one of real hair. Maybe one day.

runnriottt

I am looking hard at a Yak hair beard and wig now... I have a question though.

After this season, the beard and wig I have here need styled. How do you all brush it out with out destroying it? How do you remove Spirit Gum from the back of the beard liner?

These are things I am thinking about prior to really dropping coin on a beard and wig...

Darth Mule

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Oh, if only my beard WAS yak hair!!! Actually, it's totally synthetic, I got it from a local costume shop, it was the best quality beard that they had. I'd love to get a custom made, ventilated one of real hair. Maybe one day.
That is one awesome Santa suit. Love the Victorian style Santas. Don't see them very often.

You should check out Lacey Wigs Santa sets. They have several levels (including a Yak hair). You can google them to get a quick look through another vendor's site like International Wigs®: Santa Wigs and Beards
But you really need to call them and request a catalog to get a full look and see their prices. (212) 695-1996

The ones with the separate mustache that you spirit gum on are the way to go.
These things should also come with eyebrows IMO...

Vermithrax 4

Thanks everyone for the kind compliments about my suit, it's truly appreciated.

I haven't needed to comb out my beard as of yet but I've had to take a soft hair brush to the mustache. The wig you really can't brush out since most of it is under the hood, I can just push the hair back on each side with my hands.

I actually have Lacey's catalog already but I've never seen their Santa beards in person. Darth Mule, your suggestions will definitely be taken when I go to finally get a new beard and wig.

Spirit gum can be cleaned off of wig & beard lace with rubbing alcohol.

Looch

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's mine-took me a few years to get it just right! The jacket is lined with a quilted, padded lining of red, with darker red snowflakes printed on it, with the occasional silver one. The belt is hand tooled, with the name "Claus" on the back in silver concho letters. The boots are winter boots that I had to sew the tops on to. Under all this is an Italian renaissance shirt and red vest, and very festive handmade suspenders. The beard set is elasticized at the back, but I have a good quality lace knotted one glued over top of it, to give the look of it actually growing out of me! Rather than spirit gum, I use Pros-Aide for the glue.

Looch

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just getting started on Saint Nick, and wanted to see what you all have. This is my trial year and its a blast! I ma looking into a far more pro set up.

PLus any tips and things to avoid as Santa would be great to add in the thread.

Merry Christmas!

Hey, posted my pics up, but thought that I'd say hey. As for suggestions, I would suggest picking your beard set very carefully. The moustache is usually fairly crappy-they hang down straight, with a curl at the bottom. Find yourself a separate one-mine was technically a set of eyebrows, but they work far better as my 'stache! Also, be very particular about your belt-they can be hard to find a good one, or at least a good and inexpensive buckle. Oh, and good boots too-very important! My first year as Santa was this year, and I want to keep going!

Looch

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I use an elastic-backed beard, but then glue a lace-backed one over it for a natural hairline-do try to get one, it really makes a difference!

capodimusica

Here's my new custom suit from this past season.

As far as your question goes, look for a good Santa forum for tips, tricks, etc. I recommend Clausnet.com for those wishing to look into being a professional Santa. As far as the spanking picture above, very sad indeed.

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
An entirely different version that I use every year:

That's quite an old photo, now I usually wear Stormtrooper boots with it. ;)

-Magnoli