Sandtrooper Binocular Build

I'm going to call these done! I'll work on the electronics later. They look great with my Sandtrooper helmet and Hottoys figure!

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

When I set out to build these, I wasn't trying to recreate the screen used prop. I wanted an in hand prop feel, so there's no black splattered paint, the red details cover more than they did on the real prop, the strap is attached differently - I'm not even sure the prop had a strap in the movie. This was a fun build and a nice compliment to my helmet and 1:6 figure! Later on I'll make a slide of the view we saw through them on Hoth with all the scaling and focus graphics around the perimeter, but with a Tatooine scene vs. AT AT in the snow! The switch works and these are ready to go when I get around to it! On to my Tie Pilot helmet now

Just ordered the 1 1/2” aluminum rod to make up the top greeblie. I have a vintage PL-259 connector for the top of this piece. A few real screws and bolts and this will nicely crown these binocs!

Great work- I’ve been after a pair of these, but can only find 3D printed with all those pesky lines to sand.
Do you know whether he still offers these?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back