Sandman Flame Gun

kdawg1

Sr Member
Well, I did it. I had 3 days off so I built my Sandman Flame Gun that I've been wanting to build for years.

Here are some photos let me know what you think.

[attachmentid=5778][attachmentid=5779]

The pics are tiny and don't appear to be linked to anything larger so it's hard to get a good idea.

Got a bigger image?

Originally posted by DrStranglove@Jan 3 2006, 04:40 AM
Does it fire?
[snapback]1149276[/snapback]​

No, It's just PVC pipe. I was going to put a flash unit from a disposale camera in it but the damn capasitor kept frying my ass. I never messed with these but I couldn't figure out how to seperate the flash from the circit board so I could place it in the end of the barrel.

Originally posted by Beorn Tordensjold@Jan 4 2006, 10:19 PM
Didn't the originals use a carbide charge?  I seem to remember that from somewhwere...

Looks good.
[snapback]1150991[/snapback]​

Yep. Calcium-Carbide and water.

I have been playing with mine since I got it 2 weeks ago. :lol

Originally posted by kdawg1+Jan 5 2006, 04:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kdawg1 @ Jan 5 2006, 04:45 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-dropshipbob
@Jan 5 2006, 03:07 PM
I think I found it. :)

Sandman gun
[snapback]1151228[/snapback]​

You got it. Thats what I followed plus the drawing.
[snapback]1151285[/snapback]​
[/b]

make sure the scale is right. :)

my first i made was about 90% full size. :angel

john :cool

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tekmage3000 @ Apr 24 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]1232250[/snapback]</div>
I have ordered a resin version and would like to know what kind of paint I should use ( type and color )

Thank you
Tek
[/b]

I don't know if it would be good for a resin copy but the originals were Krylon 1613 semi-flat black

Ah Thank you. I will give it a try with a good primer and see how it goes. I'm waiting for the flamegun I got in the Junkyard but now at least I can get things together.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back