Sandman Flame Gun

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

kdawg1

Sr Member
Well, I did it. I had 3 days off so I built my Sandman Flame Gun that I've been wanting to build for years.

Here are some photos let me know what you think.

[attachmentid=5778][attachmentid=5779]

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Talisen

Sr Member
The pics are tiny and don't appear to be linked to anything larger so it's hard to get a good idea.

Got a bigger image?

kdawg1

Sr Member
Originally posted by DrStranglove@Jan 3 2006, 04:40 AM
Does it fire?
[snapback]1149276[/snapback]​

No, It's just PVC pipe. I was going to put a flash unit from a disposale camera in it but the damn capasitor kept frying my ass. I never messed with these but I couldn't figure out how to seperate the flash from the circit board so I could place it in the end of the barrel.

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Originally posted by Beorn Tordensjold@Jan 4 2006, 10:19 PM
Didn't the originals use a carbide charge?  I seem to remember that from somewhwere...

Looks good.
[snapback]1150991[/snapback]​
Yep. Calcium-Carbide and water.

I have been playing with mine since I got it 2 weeks ago. :lol

kdawg1

Sr Member
If you go to Richard Coyals website www.racprops.com he has a drawin of a flame gun and I just went from there. There is a member here that has one on his webpage and that is who I got inspired by. Please forgive me cuz right now I can't recall his name but here is a link to his site you'll have to look around for it.

http://mydumbprojects.blogspot.com/

Reaper57

Originally posted by kdawg1+Jan 5 2006, 04:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kdawg1 @ Jan 5 2006, 04:45 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-dropshipbob
@Jan 5 2006, 03:07 PM
I think I found it. :)

Sandman gun
[snapback]1151228[/snapback]​

You got it. Thats what I followed plus the drawing.
[snapback]1151285[/snapback]​
[/b]

make sure the scale is right. :)

my first i made was about 90% full size. :angel

john :cool

Robot Monster

Sr Member
I have bought a resin version in ther junkyard and would like to know what kind of paint I should use ( type and color )

Thank you
Tek

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tekmage3000 @ Apr 24 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]1232250[/snapback]</div>
I have ordered a resin version and would like to know what kind of paint I should use ( type and color )

Thank you
Tek
[/b]
I don't know if it would be good for a resin copy but the originals were Krylon 1613 semi-flat black

Robot Monster

Sr Member
Ah Thank you. I will give it a try with a good primer and see how it goes. I'm waiting for the flamegun I got in the Junkyard but now at least I can get things together.