SANDCRAWLER STUDIO SCALE 3D MODEL

And finally...the side hatch/window. It's always a buzz when u find a greeblie u know and even more when u know You've already modelled it. There are some old favourites on the Sandcrawler that were used all over the Falcon/Devastator

SANDCRAWLER12.jpg
SANDCRAWLER13.jpg

OK so it's time to tackle the tank tread sections

Are you planning on designing the track links as separate parts that can be assembled into a functioning track for RC perhaps?
Hmmm...not sure yet how I'm gonna tackle the tracks at 1/6. There are, I think, around 54 links per track and each tread has a pair and there are 4 sets. So for the SS model that would mean printing 432 separate links, to have all the tracks functioning. It may be possible to purchase some ready made tracks to attach but they wouldn't be accurate. More thinking on this methinks

Forgot that I had this seldom seen left side panel to model;
SANDCRAWLER14.jpg

So I think all the modelling is done...just need to slice it for printing.

I reckon the tracks could be functional and printable for the SS model...the RC system appears to be a simple chain drive, so I might have a go at modelling a working prototype

Here's the tank track section, with an exploded view of the parts. There are some liberties taken with the modelling to make them printable and because of the lack of ref pics of the underside/drive train

SANDCRAWLER16.jpg

SANDCRAWLER17.jpg

SANDCRAWLER15.jpg

I would use a large FDM printer for the shell sections; maybe a CR-10S5, on a decent layer height. A Prusa i3/Ultimaker for the tank tracks/treads and a resin printer for the greeblies; an Elegoo Mars/Saturn. I only recommend these printers because that's what I have, but u could use almost anything if u take it slow, with good rez and are ok to slice

GEEK1138,
Jeez I don’t know what you must put in your Weetabix in the morning but to paraphrase a quote from “When Harry met Sally”, I’ll have some of what he’s having.

Great work. How you complete it so fast ........ I mean ... wow.

Holy crap! I just stumbled across this thread and...OMG. Amazing renderings. I have always wanted one of this vehicles in a larger, studio scale. Can't wait. Wow!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back